1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1 Extension Approved But H4 Still Pending

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by chirag1211, Jun 14, 2016.

1. chirag1211

chirag1211 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I had applied my H1B extension & H4 Visa extension last year on Sep-16 and 2 weeks back, I got my H1B Visa converted to Premium processing post that I received approval for my H1B Visa, but H4 visa still shows pending

1. What are the ways to speed H4 visa approval?
    2. We had our last visa expired on Jan-16 since then we have been waiting for Visa approval, so is my dependent out of status considering that soon we might be reaching the 240 days timeline.

Appreciate your help in this matter.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

It's hard to say. They should have processed both of them at the same time. Call the premium processing unit and inquire.

3. chirag1211

chirag1211 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I tried to call USCIS Customer Service and spoke to them abt my case they have raised a service request and have told me to wait for 30 days within which they would reply to the request. Is there any other way I can reach out to them or do I have to wait for them to respond.

Also, since we will be soon be hitting our 240 day deadline. Is it okay for my dependents to stay on after 240 days or they will have to leave the country?
    Also, my kids passport is going to expire in another 1.5 month. Can we apply for the passport renewal while his H4 approval is pending?

Appreciate your help in this matter.

4. Ron Gotcher

You have to speak with your attorney about this. He or she is in the best position to advise you.

5. Kris143

Kris143 Junior Member

Hey Ron, If one applies for both STEM 24 month extension and H1B (Initial application),
    and if H1B is approved , and if STEM 24 month extension is still pending do we need to withdraw the STEM 24 month application with USCIS or it doesn't matter ? If STEM OPT is approved before withdrawing , what is the status on Oct 1 ? H1B or F1 ??

6. Ron Gotcher

If you are approved for H1B status starting October 1st, your OPT will be automatically revoked on that date.