1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1 B Visa Validity After Termination Of Job

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Validity' started by DivyaArunkumarGeetha, Jan 27, 2017.

1. DivyaArunkumarGeetha

DivyaArunkumarGeetha New Member

Hi

Please advice on the below question
    I am working on h1B visa with employer A. After termination of job from employer A , how long my H1B visa will be valid ? I heard 60 days grace period is there? is it true? If employer A revoke my H1 B also is it still valid? Any legal issues are there? please help

2. Santy

Santy Guru

60 days rule got applied on 17th January,2017 and is active as of now. Not sure how long will it last in this admin.

Note: I am not a lawyer.

3. DivyaArunkumarGeetha

Thanks for you reply, Just wanted to confirm if employer revoke h1 also is it still valid for 60 days?

4. donisback

donisback Guru

H1b is not valid during the grace period. 60 days is a period to either adjust status to other category or find another employer. H1b status terminates the moment you are terminated or there is no valid employment.

Santy likes this.
  5. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

Confused, if H1B is terminated , you go out of status, with the 60 day grace period rule in effect I am not sure if you are considered as out of status , I know you cannot work in that period unless you transfer your H1B to another employer.

6. DivyaArunkumarGeetha