1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1 B Transfer

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by Thilak Rajaretnam, May 29, 2015.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

2. Kunal

Kunal New Member

Hi Ron,

I need your advice on below
    1. My Petition form Company A got rejected and then the company A filed the petition as Consular processing
    2. The petition got approved and i had a valid visa on my passport till Sep 2015 so i went to Mexico and came back in US without going for stamping.
    3. I got issued a new i-94 which is valid till June 2016 same as the validity date of petition

Now my company is saying that i have to get visa stamped before Sep 2015 which is the current stamp on my passport since it was a consular approval.
    Could you let me know if that is something a process/rule because i have been issued an i-94 till June 2016 by CBP.

Thanks,
    KM

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You don't have to get a new visa, but it would be a good idea.

4. azur

azur New Member

Hi Ron,
    I am currently working for Company A. I am on OPT. My OPT expires on May 2016. I have applied for OPT extension. Company A will be applying for H1-B on April 2016 (Premium processing). So I would be getting the result by the end of April. In case I get picked in the lottery, can I switch to company B immediately after getting the result or do I have to wait till Oct 2016.

Thanks