1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1 Amendment And Travelling With Valid Stamped Visa

Discussion in 'Notices - please read' started by SandK, Aug 3, 2015.

1. SandK

SandK New Member

Hi - I am currently on H1B and my I797 validity is till Nov 11th 2017 I got my VISA stamped Feb 2015 and is valid till Nov 11th 2017. Recently my office location changed from location A to location B, but everything else remains the same. I was asked to file for an H1B amendment and LCA amendment based on the new rule. I am currently planning a vacation to the Caribbean and was wondering if my stamped VISA is good to travel outside the US and re-enter. Appreciate your thoughts.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

As long as the amendment is on file before you leave, you will be just fine.

3. SandK

SandK New Member

Ron - Appreciate your quick response. When you say amendment on file you mean if its filed with USCIS and waiting for approval/denial correct ?

4. Ron Gotcher

Yes, that is what I mean.

5. SandK

SandK New Member

Ron - One last question on this thread.. I understand when you file for an Amendment you get a I797 approval notice with an I94 attached is the bottom which has the same I94 number as I have it now. When I travel out and re-enter I get a new I94 at the Port of Entry. So which one is valid ?

6. Ron Gotcher

When you leave, the I-94 you have becomes invalid. When you return, the new I-94 will be your valid status document.