1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H-4 Ead Information Sheet And Faq

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by Ron Gotcher, Mar 3, 2015.

1. axeman

axeman New Member

Hi everyone

I applied for my H1/H4 extensions and concurrently filed the H4 EAD application. Everything went well except the EAD which was approved to start from December 2015 (i.e. the start date of my extension). This was totally unexpected as my spouse is fully eligible to work right now under the H4 EAD rule. We expected the EAD to be valid immediately. Here is something I found from USCIS's website

Does this mean she can start working right now even though the validity is in the future or does she still have to wait till December 2015 to start working?

2. Ratna Kumar

Ratna Kumar New Member

Hi axeman,

I'm in the same situation as you are. Can you please tell me the receipt date for your H1/H4 extensions filed with H4EAD??

Also, please let me know the service center you applied.

Thanks..

3. axeman

axeman New Member

I did a PP on my petition, filed it towards the end of July and was approved by first week of August. Subsequently, the EAD was approved a few weeks from then.

There is a lot of confusion around the validity period for sure. Based on a conversation with my attorney, it turns out if you are filing your H4 EAD application concurrently with your H4 extension, the EAD will be issued for the extension i.e. the spouse can only start working with that EAD when the extension period kicks in. I do not see a single reason for such an implementation. A big setback for my wife but it is what it is.

4. Pseetha

Pseetha New Member

I am on h1 for the last 3 years. My PERM application result is still not out though it was applied for Dec PD.Currently they are processing Feb PD. Can I apply for H4 EAD after certain time after PERM application, if the result is still not out ?

5. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Unfortunately, you can apply for H4 EAD only with an approved I-140 or the primary H1B should have extended H1B beyond 6 years.

6. ssm_nsk

ssm_nsk Guest

what do you mean by concurrently filed H4 EAD? I thought there is not concurrent filing. Especially for COS status cases.

------

7. Tintu Pathrose

Tintu Pathrose New Member

8. Kamakazee

You can file for COS and H4 EAD all concurrently. However, the EAD application will not be processed till the COS is approved.

9. ssm_nsk

ssm_nsk Guest

good to know.
    Do you happen to know if we can use premium processing service for COS?

10. Kamakazee

Unfortunately, no premium service for COS. However, if H1B extension in filed in premium along with H4 COS and EAD, I have heard many cases where all get approved simultaneously.

PDCOM likes this.
  11. Hitesh

Hitesh New Member

Good Morning Everyone. Some news on OH LAW and other websites on H4 EAD Lawsuits,Is there any chance of stalling this program ?

12. Ak_

Ak_ New Member

Thank you very much Ron for this information.

Would you be please able to help with below question.

I have approved I140 and I applied for H4 EAD. My spouse recently received EAD and she has SSN. Now to begin the job, Do we need to register her EAD # with USICS or with any other agency? In other words, for her 1st payroll, the SSN and EAD is good enough, right? No additional process has to be done before 1st payroll?

Any help would be great help.

13. speedracer

speedracer Guru

I don't think you need to register or anything more once you get the ead and SSN but if you want to check your SSN and EAD are valid to work, you can self check on Everify website..

14. Ak_

Ak_ New Member

Sounds good. Thank you very much for your response. I never heard of this site - http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify before.

It seems I need to register as an employee and then only I can check my eligibility? Is it true?

15. speedracer

speedracer Guru

There is a self check option that was introduced recently nationwide.. but you are right most employers do everify as well since its free , we had people who had SSN issues.. in past and it was a pain to work with SSA to get the details sorted.. Everify does help employers a lot but self - check will also help individuals to make sure there are no issues..

16. Ak_

Ak_ New Member

I just tried Self check option. For me, it works fine however for my spouse, it gives below result. Would you know if this is an issue?

Possible Mismatch with Government Information

Thank you for checking on your work authorization information through Self Check. Unfortunately we were not able to automatically verify the information you provided against the government databases used by Self Check.

17. speedracer

speedracer Guru

it is normal , if she recently received the EAD , don't worry.. she has all the proper documentation , it just takes a lil while to update onto the system.. she is free to work .. or to set up a business.. we had similar things with few h4 ead's .. it took a month or so to update..

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  18. Ak_

Ak_ New Member

Sounds good. Thank you very much. Highly appreciated this forum and all the good work done by Ron' team.

19. speedracer

speedracer Guru

no problem! she should be good to go.. all the best with job search....

20. apostrophe

apostrophe Junior Member

Hello,
    I am an a H1B, expiring on Dec 14th 2015. I am planning to apply for a H4 EAD and am looking at options to get the H4 stamped out of the country and apply for the EAD to move it faster. I moved from a F1 to H1 and do not have a H1 stamp in my passport. Any suggestions on where to get my H4 stamped. India (Home Country), Canada or Mexico?? Do I have enough time to get this process going other than to apply for the H4-EAD from the US. Thank you.