1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H-1b Visa Renewal Ds-160 Form Questions

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by agulv, Nov 21, 2015.

1. agulv

agulv Guru

Hello, I am going for my second H-1B renewal visa stamping and had a question regarding following questions:

Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked?
    I had F-1 visa before and believe it was cancelled after i had H-1B. Should the answer be "Yes"?

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?
    My first attempt for F-1 visa was denied (2002) and had got visa on the second attempt (in few weeks) and don't remember the reason. In my previous visa renewal applications, i had this question answered as "NO" but i am not sure if this is correct.

Experts, please advise me how to respond to this questions.

2. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

See my answers above in all caps

3. agulv

agulv Guru

Thanks cuckoo! Yes I had started a fresh application back then. For some reason I never put this as a denial in my previous Visa renewal application and never was questioned.

If I do it now, would it be a problem if my previous DS-156 said it was not?

Also I don't remember what the denial was based on as in those days they wud just give a paper.

4. gcpursuit

gcpursuit Junior Member

I believe you have to answer it as yes for F1 denial. My F1 was denied the first time too and I always answer it as yes.

For your first question, I did not put the f1 cancellation. I have a 'cancelled without prejudice' stamp on my F1.

5. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

I agree. Given a choice between sticking to a previous wrong answer and the actual fact, i would stick to the fact. You may find it easier to explain your previous error if ever the need arose than explain knowingly providing a wrong answer.

Ron Gotcher likes this.
  6. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I agree.