Hello Ron, I apologize if this was answered earlier but after searching the threads and not being successful at finding the answer, I decided to post a question here. Your response from the last post I had few years ago is sincerely appreciated and hoping to get insight on this one again. I'm past the six year H-1B period and currently on a one year H-1B extension as I write (my I-140 wasn't approved when they filed for the extension) and my current employer has now applied for a 3 year H-1B extension that is not likely to get approved until June 2017. I'm done waiting for the executive action to be "executed" by USCIS and planning to switch jobs. Once I switch to the new employer, they will have to start a new green card process, but can port my priority date as we know. Here's my question: I need to ensure my new employer can get a 3 year H-1B transfer/extension so they have enough time to get my new PERM/I-140 approved before my next H-1B renewal is due (else they won't be able to renew my H-1B). Will my new employer be able to do a H-1B transfer/extension of 3 years with the approved I-140 from the current employer when I'm currently on a one year I-797 approval? Or would they need me to have a three year I-797 approval with current employer to do that? I'm asking this to decide whether I should do a premium processing of my H-1B extension currently pending and only switch to a new employer after getting a 3 year extension from my current employer. Thanks and any other caveats you would want me to be aware about are highly appreciated!