1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H-1b Extension Issue : I-140 Revoked In 2014. Have A New Approved Perm & Has Expired. I-140 Pending.

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by KrishAsks, Sep 29, 2017.

1. KrishAsks

KrishAsks New Member

Hi There,

I am in the 10th year of H-1B. My former employer A who first applied for my GC, withdrew my I-140 back in 2014 but I never knew that it was revoked by USCIS until recently when I changed to a new employer D (had switched two more employers B and C between the fist one ' A' and the current one 'D') and have received a H-1 change of employment approval for 1 year. When we filed a ticket with USCIS to find why I got only year extension as opposed to 3 years with an approved I-140, we were told that Employer A withdrew the I-140 and USCIS have revoked it.

I understand that my PD will be retained. Here is more information to my problem which details the situation I am in.
    • I have an approved PERM (and has expired) with Employer B but did not file an I-140 as I moved to Employer C back in 2015.
    • I have an approved PERM (expired in April 2017) with Employer C as well and an I-140 case (under regular processing) which is pending with USCIS applied in Dec 2016.
    • Employer D is planning to file my H-1 extension in October as my H-1 will expire in April 2018. However, the attorney for Employer D states that my approved PERM with Employer C has expired and I-140 is still pending with USCIS. So, I cannot apply for H-1 extension until I have an approved I-140 and/or renew my labor PERM.
    I have received a copy of PERM from Employer C but as I stated earlier it is expired and Employer C is not ready to upgrade my current case to premium as I am no longer their employee.

What are my odds here? I know I am on a landmine situation but is there a way out? What could be some alternative options? Switch to F-1 visa and work on OPT? Please guide me.

Thanks much for your patience in reading through the case.

2. KrishAsks

KrishAsks New Member

This is really important and urgent for me to make a decision. Any quick response would be totally appreciated!

3. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Junior Member

Firstly, if its so urgent, this forum is hardly the place to be ! Go to Avvo and pay ~40-50 dollars for a consultation, or two consultations. And you will have solid advice for lesser than 100 $.
    According to me, your best bet is to explain your situation to employer C and inform them that you will pay all the costs for upgrading I140 to premium - If they do it, your problem is solved in under a month.
    Second alternative will be to join employee C again, if you have not burned your bridges yet.

KrishAsks and s_gan like this.
  4. KrishAsks

KrishAsks New Member

Thanks much Rohit Sharma! I did not know about Avvo legal services for consultation. Will try to consult them.

Your advice is so apt for my situation and I will work towards both the options. I am planning to meet my Employer C this week and also work through the past immigration lawyer for Employer C so they can explain the legal stay issue to them.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!