1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greencard-Studying abroad-maintaining the greencard card status

Discussion in 'Retention of US residency' started by sabu99, Sep 23, 2013.

1. sabu99

sabu99 Junior Member

[h=2]Greencard-Studying abroad-Maintaining the greencard status[/h] 09-19-2013, 03:55 PM

Dear Mr.Ron My daughter is doing her medical from in India from July 2012 and has been travelling on Advance parole till now.Now she received her greencard few days ago and she has more 4.5 years of study left in India and what do we need to do to maintain her greencard status with out any problem.Is there anything like she has to be present in US peridocally at a specfied time schedule? Your advice and help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Satyam

2. sabu99

sabu99 Junior Member

Mr.Ron,

Can you please advice on the above

3. sabu99

sabu99 Junior Member

Dear Mr.Ron My daughter is doing her medical from in India from July 2012 and has been travelling on Advance parole till now.Now she received her greencard few days ago and she has more 4.5 years of study left in India and what do we need to do to maintain her greencard status with out any problem.Is there anything like she has to be present in US peridocally at a specfied time schedule? Your advice and help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Satyam

4. MeirionGwril

MeirionGwril Senior Member

It is not true that simply returning for a few days/weeks to the US every now and again will retain your green card status. It will not. Unless your daughter applies for a Re-entry permit, she will lose her green card status.

I am not a lawyer