1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Card Processing By Changing Location

Discussion in 'How to start the green card process' started by sammy86, Jul 27, 2015.

  1. sammy86

    sammy86 New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I am working for a big financial IT organization and they are not able to process for my green card as there has been firing in my role/location.

    Recently on follow up they told me that they can file for my GC for a different state(where they have an office) from where I am currently working, but I would need to move to that location later to get my Green Card.

    I had following questions regarding this.

    1. At what stage of Green Card would I be required to move to that state ?

    2. What happens if for some reason I am not able to move to that location.

    3. If I dont move will that be an issue for the organization or for me ?

    4. Lets assume I change my employer at some later stage after getting an I140, would this restriction of me moving to different location still be applicable for me with the different employer.
  2. Ron Gotcher

    Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    This is a complex issue and you need to discuss it with counsel. Generally, a company may file a PERM application for a position/location where the employee is not yet working. The employee would be expected to move to that location when he or she has unrestricted work authorization (such as an AOS EAD card).

Share This Page