1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Card Process For Eb2

Discussion in 'How to start the green card process' started by aditya_c1980, Jan 13, 2016.

1. aditya_c1980

aditya_c1980 New Member

Hi,

I have 4.8 years of experience prior joining my current employer. I am working with my current employer for 3 years now. They are planning to start a GC process for me and wanted to file in EB2. I have Masters degree which is equivalent to Masters in US as per the evaluation.

Also I have 6 months of Software experience with a valid Exp certificate however this was done during my Masters degree was going (part of the last semester project work). Can I add this exp to my previous 4.8 years ?

So do I qualify for EB2 ? The requirement posted by my employer was Masters with 5 years of experience.
    also can we/employer tweak the requirements to show Masters + 4 years of Exp ?

Your respond will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Aditya

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The U.S. master's degree equivalent alone is sufficient to qualify you for EB2. The USCIS only counts work experience that is paid and not required for graduation. If you worked 20 hours per week for six months, they would count that as three months of equivalent full time experience.

One thing that confuses a lot of people is the timing of the work experience. If someone is using a bachelor's degree and five years of experience to qualify for EB2, then all of the experience must have been gained after graduation. In all other cases, however, it doesn't matter when you got your experience. It could be before, during, or after college.

3. aditya_c1980

aditya_c1980 New Member

Thanks a lot Ron for the information. Also I have your contact information, I will surely reach out to you over phone for further assistance.

Regards,
    Aditya