1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Card For Parents Of Us Citizen

Discussion in 'How to start the green card process' started by piyu7444, Jul 12, 2015.

1. piyu7444

piyu7444 Senior Member

If my sibling who is a US Citizen applies for my parents LPR/GC I have the following questions where I need your help & guidance

1) After the GC is approved how long can the parents delay entering USA (they are in India and when we apply they prefer to be in India)?
    2) After they come to stay here as LPR can they legally be out of USA on Advance Parole for a reason and if the answer is yes for how long can they be possibly out?
    3) When do they become US Citizen or can apply for being a USC?
    4) Once they become USC can they live between India and US (say 6 months each) or there are restrictions?
    5) For Siblings to gain a LPR via a Citizen Sibling what is the average wait time for Indians?

Thank you Ron in advance.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Anyone issued an immigrant visa has 180 days in which to enter the U.S. If they depart, with the intention of making their home elsewhere, they will lose their LPR status. If they meet the residence requirements, they can apply for naturalization five years after gaining LPR status. The backlog for the F4 category is about twelve years.

3. piyu7444

piyu7444 Senior Member

Thanks much for a quick response. Just a follow up Question - For F4 category Green Card --Once applied can the person come to US on h1 or b1 or that is a challenge due to GC process?

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

No, it's not a problem.