1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green card application + naturalization - Prostitution

Discussion in 'Criminality' started by bobby_temp, Oct 7, 2013.

1. bobby_temp

bobby_temp Junior Member

Hello,

I am about to make a request for a green card. Eventually in 2 years, I would like to apply for citizenship. I have been married since 3 months.

I have been in New York for 8 years under TN Canadian visas, and 5 years before that in California under TN visas as well.

Here is my fear. Back in the year 2000, I was convicted of soliciting a prostitute. I would love to debate that it was entrapment, but that won't help. Also it won't help that I was single, free spirited, and not on top of all my things. This is the past, and I hope I won't have to pay for this for the rest of my life. I was stupid, and hope this will not bar me forever from this country.

I received a copy of my RAP sheet. I have 2 cases: one in 1999 that shows dismissed (I completed 25 hours of community services). One in 2000 that shows "Discharged,further investigation necessary" - nothing happened with the 2nd case - I called the superior Court of California which confirmed that they do not have anything for the 2nd case. Both are for soliciting a prostitute.

I would like to know what will happen with this. Can I be deported under a green card? Will I be denied my green card, or further down the road citizenship?

Best and thank you for your help.

Bobby