1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 3

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

I don't think they would like to give this "rumour" any weight-age by clarifying it .That being said, considering that this has come up after cancelling the call , it kind of makes me scared . If they could set up a call soon ,at least that could put the rumor to rest for me

2. djayash

djayash Guru

Exactly my point..Not even a call, but a simple tweet that everything will continue will calm many nerves......Even Greg thinks so....Let's so...Many wanna enjoy their weekend and not worry about this...

3. Greywind

Greywind Guru

Not just EB2I, AD has been applied for FB categories too.

4. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

People who claim to have access to white house - need to confirm this and push the admin to push uscis if needed

5. djayash

djayash Guru

6. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

Seems USCIS doesn't like forward date movements and advance movements has been declining since last 8 years.
    2007 - Everyone was made current.
    2011/2012 - May/2010 . Nearly current. Difference with respect to current date then was 1.5 - 2 years.
    2015 - Jul/2011. Difference with respect to current date is 4 years.

And USCIS want to take this movement away as well ?

7. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

AILA sued the government and forced them to reinstate the original Visa Bulletin. What did IV do?

jdoe99 and cuckoo like this.
  8. instacal

instacal Guru

not sure if the cancellation of the press conference for Oct visa bulletin was because of this...

9. Ron Gotcher

No I haven't. Even if I had, my policy is not to post unsubstantiated rumors.

cuckoo and R_S like this.
  10. djayash

djayash Guru

Hmm, what do you think might happen, Ron. Would the dates really move back before the bulletin. If it does, probable May 2010?

11. Ron Gotcher

Here is my take on all of this. Understand that this is not based on any rumors or inside information.

The Visa Office has been trying to get the immigration service to go over to this system for at least the last ten years. Finally, with the assistance of the White House, the USCIS got dragged kicking and screaming into it. In the months leading up to the release of the October Visa Bulletin, the changes were discussed at length with the USCIS and they agreed. As noted in the October Visa Bulletin, the USCIS will decide on a month by month basis whether to accept filings by applicants with dates earlier than those shown on Table B (Acceptance Date). For the month of October, they are accepting these cases.

In the absence of any cases actually being filed, I can't imagine what would cause them to change their minds, particularly when they had months to consider their use of Table B dates. The public outrage would be embarrassing to them and the White House if they changed their minds abruptly now.

The day the Visa Bulletin came out, I wrote that use of Table B by the USCIS was a month to month proposition. If they receive what they consider to be too many applications, all they have to do is stop using Table B dates for a few months. Bottom line, I don't think they are going to do anything to change the status quo until November.

jdoe99, soopergal, gcmatters and 4 others like this.
  12. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

13. Ron Gotcher

I think Cyrus was sucking up to IV. The litigation was the threat that forced them to change their minds. The USCIS has never been amenable to reason.

14. Sunyaang

Sunyaang Guru

it is definitely to AILA's credit that AILA sued USCIS in 2007.

howver it is indeed a damn shame that AILA reponse to the EO comments was a dissapointment to the eb community. AILA comments did not mention any EAD or relief for backlogged folks, they were safeguarding their vested monetary interests. much like Oh law firm who lost it after dates moved to 2011 .

15. R_S

R_S Guru

GREAT thanks a lot Ron....... trust u more than the rumors period!

16. djayash

djayash Guru

Thanks Ron. I am not sure where Greg got this rumor from - the only worry being he has been credible thus far. But even he has mentioned this has a rumor and has asked USCIS to confirm with a simple tweet that this is not the case....Hope they do to calm our nerves (your post certainly did to some extent :)

17. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

My take is that AILA did not do it out of altruism. Money talks and I am not saying I am against saving my money and giving it away for free.

18. allswell

allswell Guru

I don't understand this - how can lawyers make money when someone stays oout of GC for years?? Is H1b extension the only alluring fact?

19. gcmatters

gcmatters Guru

If this happens, dates will move far back IMO. I don't think USCIS would do this for the sake of just 1 year.

20. Ron Gotcher

This thread has gotten too long. I'm shutting it down and opening a new General Discussion thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.