1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 3

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_S

R_S Guru

Lets wait for OCT 1st to Come and go without any hickups ......they take our applications ..... then will worry about that

2. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

You can't get promotions or else you restart PERM

3. como

como Rookie

Super Moderators are GODS.... who are also in line for Employment based visa :D

DBCG likes this.
  4. como

como Rookie

Absolutely!!!!

5. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

For those who cannot live in the present moment, super moderators should open a chanting thread to repeat Ram Ram......

6. allswell

allswell Guru

yea, even I really don't understand why is everyone throwing a fit - including lwyers, employers, USCIS employees - I seriously cannt understand

USCIS works off of fees, their salaries are based on us immigrants essentially - they want to just eat cake and party all the months of OCt - Dec

these ppl should be dragged into public trading companies to work - then they will think working in USCIS was heaven

7. como

como Rookie

I may be completely wrong, but I do not think any such move will happen. The logic is that they (must/should ?) have made this change in the visa bulletin anticipating these things and in a normal world, if I make a big announcement and take it back, I would look foolish. I am sure they do not want to look incompetent. Secondly, they have some experience playing with numbers now so I am sure they know what they are doing. 2007 was a good example. Thirdly, CO mentioned a few days back that the Acceptance Dates may move forward slow or may not move at all. I would take things from CO over almost anyone out there.

People have been waiting for years, so wait a few more days and we will see. :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    R_S, djayash and DBCG like this.
  8. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

More signs are towards the good, but as is the nature of mind, people are focused on this 1 bad blog/tweets.

9. djayash

djayash Guru

I like it...makes a lot of sense....my weekend is ruined for sure, but am hoping all this is is rumor and we get to file....

10. instacal

instacal Guru

forget about advancement. the question now is whether even the Oct dates will remain valid or not. i don't have twitter account else would have asked Greg.

11. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

I think they will reissue the visa bulletin and make everybody current...

12. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

I think Greg is trying to attract some attention... some extra webpage hits!!!

cuckoo and R_S like this.
  13. WhatSheSaid

WhatSheSaid Member

I don't think so, he is senior attorney and has provided reliable updates in the past including I-140 EAD draft when no one else knew about it.

As much as I hate to see USCIS reconsider their decision, I am not sure why they would even do that.

usvisas and gcmatters like this.
  14. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

What do you mean in the above sentence?

On a side note, have you considered a career in law? JK

15. WhatSheSaid

WhatSheSaid Member

Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear. I don't know why USCIS would reconsider because they were consulted for AD exercise and they updated bulletin on their website, which means that they did necessary ground work for it.

16. djayash

djayash Guru

Everyone is keeping mum about this including USCIS, which scares the jeez out of me...

17. DBCG

DBCG Active Member

Why is that a bad thing. No news is good news.

18. djayash

djayash Guru

if it is a baseless rumor, USCIS might have clarified by now!!!

19. anugc

anugc Guru

has USCIS ever confirmed/clarified on anything before for them to clarify things like this now?? As I understand legally they can issue a new VB before Oct 1 but cant AILA and others sue them just like they did in 2007? Plus this is only one country and one preference category so why this big hue and cry is beyond my understanding, its like the universe is stacked up against all EB Indians !! Sad that this ruins everyone's weekend...

20. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

I am panicked as you are..however, why would USCIS come out and clarify? We do speculate or some sites will release all sought of rumors on a daily/monthly basis about the dates being current or recapture or 140EAD is coming, etc. Will they respond to any rumors that is posted by any site? Latest example is, VB with TWO dates, USCIS/DOS never clarified that before until they released it. Only some law firms released that news. Finally, if they want they will just reissue the VB and if they don't then they won't.

gcmatters likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.