1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 3

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The last thread has gotten pretty big, so I'm opening a new, continuing thread for general discussion.

2. R_S

R_S Guru

@ron thanks!

I was reading this story and thought of sharing this with everyone on this form.... STAY UNITED my friends. I came to this great nation on F1 and for last 12 yrs working was keep thinking that i was the only one suffering with this EB Backlog... but look at other people struggle at lease we made good money

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discuss...-1189-conrad-state-30-and-phys/page/last_page

Below is a story of a Doctor from Indian origin

I don't understand why the non-medical people on this forum feel that the doctors are trying to jump some line ahead of them...if this bill gets through??
    The fact is that most of my physician friends (including myself) have been in this visa-land for a longer time than most of my IT friends.

I came to US in 2005 after doing my MBBS in India on a student visa to do a Masters in hospital administration. A very good non-medico friend of mine came to US at the same time to do a MS in computer sciences.

We both graduated in 2007.

While I was doing my masters, I took all my USMLE exams alongside to apply for a residency in US. But, I was finally able to get into a residency only in 2009. I did some crappy jobs from 2007-2009 to support myself as a research assistant. Was getting paid $35,000/year. Then I spent next 6 years to do residency + fellowships making $50-60,000/year. Now, I am finally started a job in aug 2015, and my hodpital has started my perm process. Looks like my priority date will be beginning of 2016.

Compare this with my IT friend who started a 6-figure job in 2007, with her priority date in 2008. She has been earning better money ever since as well :)

So, if you knock down any doctor for trying to jump any line...or think of dismissing their struggle...please think that we all have our struggles! I have been supporting ead for I-140. And if the non-IT people don't want to support the conrad bill...I understand...but why would u wana boycott it??

Help support there cause as well

It is true that Conrad 30 program has been historically renewed every 3 years; it is not an automatic process. It is renewed by a bill. This year are three relevant bills proposed.

1. S.1189 - Conrad State 30 and Physician Access Act
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/sen...
    2. H.R.1272 - Doctors Helping Heroes Act of 2015
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/hou...
    3. H.R.3370 - EB-JOBS Act of 2015
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/hou...

The first two of the three bills have the provision to remove per country cap. The third bill that was introduced about two weeks ago does not talks about removal of the per country cap but only about making the Conrad 30 permanent. Fortunately this bill is not specifically for the Conrad 30 as the other two bills are, This bill [ HR 3370] focuses on improving jobs in America.

It will be beneficial if we can gather support for S.1189 - Conrad State 30 and Physician Access Act.

manixium likes this.
  3. Irm3

Irm3 Member

4. aqva

aqva Member

I really don't understand politicians' empty promises Vs real action. it's irritating to pass every day with NO ACTION or NO NEWS. Last few months back of my head start to think, is this really worth waiting or I didn't have guts to throw this GC dream away to pursue new one?????

5. SushilS

SushilS Guru

Also now a days just a Job location change or even working on different project from same employer is not easy deal in consultancy. Recently after Aug 18 USCIS introduced a rule if we change the job location then we need to file Amendment petition, This is similar to filing a new petion you need everything end client letter all the contract details, also there is reg fee and premium fee. Some companies still don't prefer to give end client letter, so even if you well suitable for jobs after tough competition the entire exercise sucks since you cant join the project or if you file in regular process and it get denied you are out of status. I have to give up the project since employer is not ready for Client letter what the hake? I just don't understand the policies of USCIS that they are tightening the screws for us from everywhere and at the same time not doing their job correctly in releasing pending inventory, wastage of visas, not taking prompt action on I140 EAD. All rules applies to us and there is no action against USCIS this is humiliation, It's shame.

6. sunyang

sunyang Well-Known Member

if we dont get i140 ead , we are fked . i would say its then time to leave consulting and join FT somewhere.

7. SushilS

SushilS Guru

Why not sue USCIS when they are forcing so many rules at the same time they dont follow the rules ?

8. sunyang

sunyang Well-Known Member

uscis got sued on delay in issuing ead cards and right now they have asked for more time to respond.

this was a strong case, hence they could sue

but usually not easy to sue a govt. agency

9. soopergal

soopergal Guru

Guys so where do we go from here? Next visa bulletin ? or wait until some time in October as per the proposed rule date?

10. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

If the VB next month moves to the EB2 cut off dates of 08, I think some form of normalcy will return. Then we wait till October for the proposed rule, which will probably come and go and then panic will likely set in again.

11. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

I have very less hopes that things will improve in the visa bulletin, only hopeful thing to look forward to is the 140 EAD rule submission to OMB possibly in Oct/Nov.

12. SushilS

SushilS Guru

The next year will start with 2005 for EB2 since they need to allocate some 2800 visas. Then they will have some better idea when things will improve by Q2 to Q3 so it will move to 2006 to 2008 max by Q4. That's a real big moment 3 years 2005 to 2008. After that dates will not go back and it will continue to progress like EB3 may be 4 to 6 weeks every month, that's my prediction unless someone think different here.

13. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

14. Ron Gotcher

I think you misunderstand the process. They begin adding spillover numbers immediately in October, based on their estimate of likely visa usage.

15. speedracer

speedracer Guru

its insane.. how can US Center for Incompetence and Sluggishness / Department of Sluggishness predict usage in October.. they are highly incompetent and have no data skills .. don't have the proper info and visa numbers.. how can they justify.. if they get sued?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  16. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

The hype that started with imminent announcement of Executive Action by Obama last year around same time has died with a whimper; with no net gains for either legals or illegals. In retrospect it all looks like a sadistic and cynical political drama that has been played at the expense of people who are languishing in line or living in the shadows. Obama has shown how spineless and insincere he is and Republican leaders have also demonstrated their pettiness and lack of foresight. There are no winners here only losers

17. Ron Gotcher

Anyone who thought these reforms could be accomplished overnight was a fool. Have some patience. We know that regulations are moving through the implementation process. Throwing a tempter tantrum isn't going to make it happen any faster.

18. djayash

djayash Guru

It's like watching your favorite football game and pissed at not knowing the result right away.....

19. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Its likely that both Eb2 & EB3 - I will have very similar cutoff date of early 2005

20. Nandakumar

Nandakumar Senior Member

Hi Ron,

1. So as per your analysis, the PD dates should start moving from October 2015 VB on wards taking the spill overs, right? This will continue till December 2015 VB and then will pause to see the demand again. Is my understanding correct?

2. With regard to I-140 EAD which are in the talks/process, are we expecting the I-140 portability to come first and then EAD or together?

What are your thoughts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.