1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 2

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Honest_Guy

Honest_Guy Guru

Is there any candidate who is in the middle, neither leaning left or right? There may be someone who doesn't make much noise and hardly gets attention.

2. Jed_I_Knight

Jed_I_Knight Member

Kasich.

A Kasich Fiorina ticket will probably beat all. Remains to be seen who Sanders picks. the country is due another center right vote, rather than swing left me thinks.

Ash_L likes this.
  3. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

The problem is not with the presidential candidates . Its the senate leadership and congress leadership that matter the most .. if they lean towards the extreme elements of their parties, all of us can kiss goodbye to any EB reform happening in the next congress as well..

the president him(or her)self can only push to a certain point. we all have seen how CIR went through.. then the leadership in both houses should have spines to stand up and rally their folks...

4. R_S

R_S Guru

That will never happen mark my word .... Republican party works for Business/ big corp and they want "Temporary" workers ....

(Business/ big corp) they will get what they want at the end of the day and Rep will support it ... now its just a drama enjoy till it last

EB reform It will happen on OCT or never

DamperGreen likes this.
  5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I like Kasich, but Carley Fiorina is batshit crazy. Ask anyone who worked for her at HP while she was running it into the ground.

Jed_I_Knight likes this.
  6. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

I have said this many times and I will repeat again.. No immigration reform at least in the next decade or so... it will only happen when republicans are completely booted out in all forms of election and at that point of time they will champion the CIR, till that point it will be a complete stalemate... and again the stalemate is good for both the parties.. as for Indians, the fastest route to get GC will be through children (US citizens) after they become adults (which will probably take 25 years or so)...

7. R_S

R_S Guru

Go Back into history and see any good Immigration reform happened only under Republican (YES WE CAN) did nothing

From Ronald Reagan to Bush all good Immigration reform happened under Republicans only

Give me one good example about Democrats (GOOD ONE ok)

8. mayurjain13

mayurjain13 Junior Member

That is why I said "Republicans will champion the CIR"

9. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

slight correction - 'good' in the line above is redundant (knowing what we know now) :D

10. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Yes, i find this whole argument advanced by illegal immigrants and Democrats disingenuous to the extreme. First you give citizenship to children born to couples here illegally and then to their parents to supposedly not separate families. Hey, they can take their kid with them back to their home country. Nothing is compelling the child to stay here. Similarly, first we grant DACA to dreamers then we want to extend deferred action to their parents. Okay, if the child, born here or brought here by the parents is not at fault, surely the parents are. Are we not rewarding the parents in the name of not separating families?

11. Ron Gotcher

The immigration acts of 1965, 1978, 1984, and 1990.

jdoe99 and Legal Immigrant like this.
  12. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

This is the reason I don't boast of my knowledge about this country.

13. Ron Gotcher

I should have included the big one, 1952.

jdoe99 and Legal Immigrant like this.
  14. kvj

kvj Guru

I believe YES WE CAN did many things for us.For ex one year h1's instead of three years when we apply for h1 extension,h1 amendment whenever we change the client,deportations at port of entry(of course very few which we are seeing now a days only) and etc...etc.... Republicans may not do good things outstandingly but for sure they are not that much bad on legal immigrants ....

15. kvj

kvj Guru

And one more thing I want to mention..Democrats are also okay..But the problem is with the current guy only..If you notice the things on his tenure..he use to say very often in his first term..he will increase the green/solar/natural energy and he is not talking at all now a days and gun law is also same story...he will make everything as political but will be ended up with nothing...

16. R_S

R_S Guru

100% true

This is a Major Pinch For ex one year h1's instead of three years when we apply for h1 extension,h1 amendment thanks to YES WE CAN

Lets see what OCT has to offer

17. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

"deportations at port of entry" - is it real? And for what reasons?

18. Jed_I_Knight

Jed_I_Knight Member

That will be needed to get the center-right in again. Obama ran on a center right (from a purist's perspective) and won.

19. kvj

kvj Guru

based on my views on the political parties here..republicans will generate the money from us by following one direction like..
    they are little flexible on green cards for legal immigrants..so if they give 100 green cards to legals folks at least 40% will buy the homes here..once if anyone buy the home..they need to buy lot of other stuff to fill it up...obviously govt will get lot of money in the form of taxes..

Democrats will generate the money by following different direction..like giving the h1's for one year and implementing/enforcing the new rules like h1 amendments etc..etc..so that govt will get money in the form of filing fees.

We should say thanks to the american constitution for not allowing the persons to be as president more than two terms...if these guy become president one more term..we may see another new rule like..every h1 holder should go to local police station or another law enforcement office for every x months to report something...

The reason for my frustration is ..I recently joined as a contractor for a client X..the pay rate is very high which I have never seen in my career of 10 years..but before joining it self they told to me I am not suppose to put that project experience in my resume and they wont give any client letters or other documentation.Because of this new amendment rule..I have to leave that project since client is also mandatory to file amendment and joined with another client for less pay rate....

SushilS likes this.
  20. kvj

kvj Guru

yes it is real..two guys deported from ORD recently based on their linked profiles...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.