1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 2

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartboy

smartboy Senior Member

Yep - But a slight difference between Trump and others - IF he gets to be a nominee for his party, he may be the *only* one who can appease extreme right (close borders/drone attacks etc) and also help out the moderates in EB reform etc. When he says he's anti legal, the likes of Coulter call it 'next best thing to magna carta'. and in a day or two after that, he says he likes H-1s and want them here.And that students should get GCs etc. and this 'flip' was not countered by the Coulters or Levins or Grassleys/Sessions.. interesting, very interesting

Best part is although Walker was the first one to take the extreme right poisition on immigration and Trump doubled down on that initially and came back to a moderate position now (of being ok with H-1s etc). lol... Way to get all the cats in the bag (right, left, tea and center). Walker is nowhere on the scene except to say 'hey, that's my position' lol

2. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

That's what politics is. The first lesson is to learn how to 'flip-flop'.

Trump says he will end Birth right citizenship and wikipedia says below about himself:

" Trump's mother was a Scottish immigrant, born on the Isle of Lewis, off the west coast of Scotland.[23]Trump's paternal grandparents were German immigrants;[2"

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  3. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Trump is not going to win the nomination. My bet will be Kasich. He is from Swing state Ohio.

Legal Immigrant likes this.
  4. sunyang

sunyang Well-Known Member

and your point is? at one point all countries had birthright citizenship, but with time they ended it. pls see below when they ended it. bcos with time and with the latest population/immigration trends, its not practical.

• Australia (2007)
    • New Zealand (2005)
    • Ireland (2005)
    • France (1993)
    • India (1987)
    • Malta (1989)
    • UK (1983)
    • Portugal (1981)

only usa and canada give citizenship on birth from the developed world.

america will one day end birthright citizenship and they should end it. or they should only give it to kids of legals. that will end the anchor babies for the illegals.

and its the illegals with their anchor babies that have hurt us legal immigrants the most, bcos if not for them immi. reform would have passed a long time ago

5. sunyang

i dont know if trump will win the nomination or not , but he sure is the catalyst that the republicans needed so badly and he has all but ensured that the next prez is a republican. trump's campaign will indirectly help the eventual republican candidate... whoever that might be

6. R_S

R_S Guru

Look at this !! I guess urs is filed under EB1C i guess.....

STOP this bull crap about Indian or illegal ....if a law is broken that person should be PUNISHED PERIOD !!

I already got three reported and would encorage EVERYONE to come out and report it to ICE about EB1C FRAUD

7. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I couldn't disagree more. Trump has managed to offend everyone who is not part of the teabagger right wing fringe of the Republican party. He has done immeasurable harm to the Republican brand.

8. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

Your kids should get citizenship only if your mother or father is a citizen of that country. It does not matter whether you are legal or illegal.

9. sunyang

lol

Yea my GC is filed under EB1C

thats why I come here and cry everyday

I hope you dont work as an analyst

happy friday guy

and be happy :)

IAmtheOne likes this.
  10. R_S

R_S Guru

YES it will expedite GC for the people who are GENUINE and EB2 will get spillover that's currently eaten up by EB1C

11. Jed_I_Knight

Jed_I_Knight Member

I am telling you Ron, this is Drunk Uncle Joe's time to shine.

He will have us off the "shackles".....or be a Desi... or something more drunky....

12. Jed_I_Knight

Jed_I_Knight Member

I think the problem potentially lies in the name "Don". I am starting to think so.......

Just kidding Don, you are good craic

13. Ron Gotcher

I have no issue with citizenship for children born here where at least one parent is in the country legally. I just don't think that we should extend U.S. citizenship to children whose parents are both illegal. They have no legal ties to this country. It also sets up the argument that if you deport the parents, you are depriving the child of its parents.

sunyang and Mayur like this.
  14. Jed_I_Knight

Jed_I_Knight Member

Ron Do you think Mr.Floppy Hair is trying to Bruce Wayne us?

15. Ron Gotcher

Trump is so far beyond normal human behavior that I have no idea what he is doing. He is insane (albeit a rich mad man) and is screaming things some people on the fringe want to hear. He won't last.

16. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

I read this somewhere -it was something like 'As a person one can be sympathetic , sensitive ,empathetic etc, but as a country you need to have laws that are strict that show its people the way anything's got to be done, you cannot be sympathetic as a country , it kills the roots'

17. R_S

R_S Guru

Only reason Trump is running as a top runner as he is not ducking away from core issues like the other candidates are doing (or person lobbying for them making them do) :p

If someone had better argument and articulated on each of the topic (imp Immigration) then Trump will go down in a day

sunyang likes this.
  18. sunyang

but that someone who can take trump on is missing from the democratic party

this is the most uncharismatic democratic contingent in a long time

19. R_S

R_S Guru

'Reminds me of GOD Father II Michael's brother "Fredo"

20. R_S

R_S Guru

Democrats has done nothing for Immigration ..... I would never want Democrats back in office

Mitt Romney was good candidate .... sorry for us he did not won (YES WE CAN) did nothing for us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.