1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 1

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The Fifth Circuit has a 75% reversal rate overall in the Supreme Court. The four liberals and Kennedy will rule in favor of the administration. I think there is a good chance that both Roberts and Scalia will also, based on the positions they have taken in similar cases. That makes it between five and seven votes for the administration, verses two to four for the plaintiffs.

2. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

Yes, the administration is certainly loosing this round. http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...a-administration-lawyer-over-immigration-plan

3. Ron Gotcher

They narrowed the issue to work authorization. Both sides concede that the illegals are going anywhere, the only question is will they get work authorization?

4. mgfag2000

mgfag2000 Member

With 12 days remaining this month and everyone gone the month of August, there are only 27 days for the rest of the year(Sep - Dec). Highly doubt anything is going to happen in 2015. An entire year has been wasted.

5. Ron Gotcher

6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

According to NYT, we have to wait till fall 2016 to hear a final verdict

7. agulv

agulv Guru

All, hope everyone had a good weekend.

I just want to get some understanding from everyone's perspective on what does "Broken Immigration" system means to us.
    There is a major flaw in the politician and media's understanding about this item and seems to me the message is not giving properly to the country.

The current legal system is broken and there is no System for illegal.

What i am getting with item is that there is so much noise on this issue lately after Mr. Trump's comments and media giving it a lot of attention.
    I think we should pursue to get some attention from the media on communication what is really broken with the system such as country quota, Employment backlog issues, counting dependents, family based backlog, visa validation etc...

Thoughts??

8. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

The media will sell what the public wants to read. Illegal immigration is controversial, exciting and gives hits to the webpage. Legal immigration is boring. Try explaining the VB dates to an average American. Most of us do not understand it properly, so you cannot blame them. Anything that will stir up controversy is exciting. Even bad publicity is publicity (Read Trump). Unfortunately, legal immigration is boring and we are already too privileged to some people.

uhsarp, Yogi_d and jdoe99 like this.
  9. sunyang

sunyang Well-Known Member

Today I am happy as my wife got her H4-EAD. So I am gona hold off on the rants for today.:)

Will start ranting again tomorrow :(

uhsarp, 10YearsWait and jdoe99 like this.
  10. ARam

ARam Guru

Ravi K Chandran likes this.
  11. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

This does mean that they have received less H4 EAD applications than they were expecting.

12. ARam

ARam Guru

Or the resource utilization for just EAD for H4 was too much and was enough to declare the administration's first quick wins...

13. Legal Immigrant

Legal Immigrant Banned

It also means they just care about receiving the applications because it means money, NOT all the H4-EAD have been processed yet and they resumed PP. Anyways, it is good for people waiting to switch.

14. Ron Gotcher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.