1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 1

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vssandy1986

vssandy1986 Active Member

from all this it looks like I140 ead is the only hope. Ron do you think within next 2-3 years they will add more visas or recapture or just be like this and get into giant bubble.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Sorry to have missed the last couple of days. I've been having some issues with my balance and equilibrium. Anyway, I'm back in the office today and happy to see that we just got three big wins on cases where the DoL and USCIS had initially denied cases but subsequently reversed after our briefing on the issues. That would put anyone in a good mood.

cuckoo likes this.
  3. Ron Gotcher

I sincerely believe that the pressure has built up to the point where they will either enact a fix or the system will explode. My bet in on them fixing it.

cuckoo likes this.
  4. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

thanks.

5. nov2010eb2

nov2010eb2 Senior Member

6. Ron Gotcher

We won't likely know the decision for at least a couple of weeks - if not longer. The losing side will almost certainly ask for an en banc rehearing by the entire Fifth Circuit - which they may or may not grant.

7. nov2010eb2

nov2010eb2 Senior Member

Thanks Ron, By end of this month we will know, Hope if Obama wins then may be legal will also get some relief soon

8. Ron Gotcher

9. justice

justice Member

on a different notw- is anyone feeling TN folks are getting better preference than H1B?

10. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

I do because they can bypass the H1B

11. jdoe99

jdoe99 Well-Known Member

Sure feels that way. But then, its a different visa with different rules. Gotta let it slide, i guess.

12. djayash

djayash Guru

They do...Even for the job opening emails I get, eligibility is GC, Citizenship, GC EAD or TN visa :)

13. justice

justice Member

i know how pathetic and to think i graduated from here. LOL - life has become a joke

14. justice

justice Member

Excellent! Ron, waiting to hear from you on my email :)

15. Senram

Senram Member

If Circuit court favors to WH then certainly difficult for plaintiffs to get a stay for that and Obama will start implementation. Similarly if plaintiffs get favorable ruling WH will need to wait at least an year for Supreme court ruling. For now this ruling is important for WH or Plaintiff though appeal is likely

16. justice

justice Member

Also, the TN additions to jobs is more recent, never used to see that before - could be becuase of the trade deal( just guessing)

if TNs are able to get jobs easily in US, then i dont know what to say

17. righttolive

righttolive Member

If u were to guess what do you think the outcome would be?

18. Ron Gotcher

I think this panel will rule in favor of the plaintiffs and the government will ask for an en banc hearing. If they get it, they will win. If they don't, they will appeal to the Supremes. I'm pretty sure of at least five votes in the Supreme Court, if not seven.

19. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

The legals are not going to get any relief. The case is for illegals. More illegals added to the queue for future left wing votes

20. Senram

Senram Member

If government will not get favorable ruling in circuit court then more difficult in Supreme court also. Same circuit court gave a favorable ruling in DACA case and based on that DAPA was also anticipated.When multiple reviews of circuit court has same impact then WH needs stronger argument in Supreme court. I think WH has another option of going for regulation process with or without appeal in Supreme court. Even regulation process also vulnerable for lawsuit but it could have better standing than now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.