1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Discussion 1

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The speculation thread is getting unwieldy and people are going off on all kinds of tangents. I try to keep threads focused so that new people coming to the site can find what they want.

I've decided to open this new thread on the subject of general discussion. Please do not ask questions about specific case situations in this thread. There are other, more appropriate threads for them If/when I see them in this thread, I will delete them. This thread is for general discussion, venting and similar conversations.

Have fun.

2. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Since this is the thread for general discussion, can an H4 visa holder work at USCIS or does he/she need to be a US citizen or a NumbersUSA/FAIR member?

3. msr

msr Member

As far as I know you need to be a citizen or at least a Green Card holder to be abe to apply for any USCIS jobs.

4. cuckoo

cuckoo Super Moderator

There are limited exceptions to general prohibition against employing non citizen in federal govt jobs. Besides other limitations, the current administration passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2010 which effectively prohibits federal government agencies from sponsoring non-citizens for visas.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  5. Ron Gotcher

The big problem is qualifying for the job. Unless you have an SAT score below 900 (combined) and a TOEFL lower than 300, you won't qualify.

6. Kamakazee

LOL, which means most if not all H4s will be overqualified.

7. Kamakazee

Ron, how can someone get a TOEFL score of below 300 when the only language they know is English and the only accent they know is "American"?? Seems pretty difficult :)

8. Ron Gotcher

Obviously, you have never spoken with some of these people. Just because someone is born here doesn't mean that they are fluent in English.

cuckoo likes this.
  9. Ron Gotcher

I have to duck out for a doctor's appointment. I'll keep checking on the H 4 case into the evening and start up again first thing in the morning.

Kamakazee and yamanoor like this.
  10. GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza Guru

Thank you for your hard work and dedication Ron!

11. 10YearsWait

10YearsWait New Member

Ron.. Hope you are doing good... Did you hear anything about H4-EAD decision....

12. Ron Gotcher

Nothing on the court's site this morning.

As for me, I'm great. No kidney stones on the right side, following the procedure, and only two small stones on the left side.

groovypash likes this.
  13. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

I think CO will move dates significantly for EB2I in next few bulletins to prevent any wastage. With new rule around EAD/AOS for those with approved I140 who's dates are not current there is no reason why DOS should shy away from moving dates quickly and allocating all available visas. In some sense the new rule may make visa bulletin a bit irrelevant

What do you think Ron?

14. Ron Gotcher

He has said that demand is now greater than expected. For that reason, I don't expect to see much movement.

15. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

My speculation was based on IV's claim that in the new report along with the EAD/AOS there would be some fast movement in VB. I was trying to find a rationale to their claim how it could be done if either of 2R's are not possible

16. Kamakazee

Quite the contrary. The reason for doing this EAD/AOS is because there is little movement on the VB. If the VB moved rapidly and people were to file AOS anyway, there will be no need to draft this rule. VB will only move if there is either reinterpretation or recapture or else it will move exactly as Charlie said it will for the rest of the year.

17. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

So IV's claim was based on speculation that the big announcement (which has remained elusive till date) will cover a partial or full recapture

18. Kamakazee

That seems to the most logical explanation for IV claiming that there will be rapid movement in PDs.

19. Ron Gotcher

It may be that they saw a more comprehensive memo; one dealing with all of the proposed reforms.

20. Ash_L

Ash_L Super Moderators

If that case there are still some more announcements that we can expect over next few weeks. I guess rather than making a big bang announcement and draw attention, administration is announcing changes in a piecemeal manner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.