1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foia On I-765 H4 Ead Application

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by kumar78, Sep 12, 2016.

1. kumar78

kumar78 New Member

Hi Ron,
    On June 20, 2016 my spouse employer files H4 EAD for me. As of Sept 12, 2016 I am still waiting for approval on my case.

As we were not having copy of my spouse I-140 copy. we filed a FOIA request on my H4EAD case so that we could possibly retrieve my spouse I-140 copy.

Today I received CD with documents submitted with H4 EAD, but some of the pages were WITHHELD which might have I-140. [page withheld pursuant to b(6)]. Seems like those pages were relevant to my spouse.

I have option to appeal.

Could you please suggest, how could i retrieve the I-140 document of my spouse, My husband needs this copy so that he can use it during H1B transfer if needed?

Thanks

2. vasu_01

vasu_01 New Member

Hello Kumar78, I am in situation as yours. Did you guys guys appealed on the response received by USCIS? if not, any other approach you followed to get the I140 copy? Please share your experience.

3. super12

super12 New Member

These kind of cheap tricks like not sharing the I140 will generally be done by desi consulting body shops.I got mine after submitting FOIA on my H1B extension which was done using I140.Hope you get yours.