1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fliers Are Available For The President’s Executive Action

Discussion in 'Executive Action' started by msr, Jan 22, 2015.

1. msr

msr Member

Hello All,

Two fliers on President Obama’s executive actions on immigration are now available.
    The fliers explain:

• The importance of avoiding scams and not submitting requests until the new initiatives are available.
    • Eligibility requirements for the expanded Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA)
    http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/ExecutiveActions/ExecActionFlier_En_Full.pdf

Additional information can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/executive-actions-immigration/executive-actions-immigration-resources

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. Shane

Shane Junior Member

This doesn't say anything about legal Immigration reform.
    Thanks for sharing though.

3. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Yeah, its only about DACA and DAPA.

4. Shane

Shane Junior Member

I may have asked but not sure.
    Is the pre-registration required rule making process or just the visa modernization ?

Please guide.

5. Kamakazee

Pre-registration will have to go through the rulemaking process. However, removal of dependents will not. However, we do not know if USCIS will adopt that policy change or not.

6. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The DAPA rules will also have to go through the rulemaking process, but I guarantee you that they will not do notice and comment rulemaking. Rather, they will simply issue rules on an "emergency/interim" basis with a promise to do notice and comment later. There is no reason why they can't do everything else on an emergency/interim basis.

7. Shane

Shane Junior Member

So by the law of averages H4-EAD took around 6 months to finalized after comment period ended in July 2014.

Pre-registration would also be finalized around 6 months from Jan 2015 after comment period ending 29 Jan 2015. So We shall hope something concrete by Jul-Aug of 2015.

8. Kamakazee

H4 EAD still has not happened, so I would not count on those dates. Though I agree that the picture will be clearer once the study comes out.

9. Shane

Shane Junior Member

Agree but this rule-making is differ from H4-EAD. This one is order by POTUS, all the executives at DHS/USCIS will have some stress on this one because they have to provide a guidelines/directions by 90 days of EA. So technically It should be much clear by 3rd week of March 2015.

10. Ron Gotcher

If they really wanted to do it, they could have all of the regulations published by April.

11. nov2010eb2

nov2010eb2 Senior Member

Hi Ron,

I140 EAD will also publish by April/May ?

12. Ron Gotcher

I have no idea.

13. nik2015

nik2015 New Member

Hi Ron,

I read on some other discussion not sure how much it is true, there was a meeting at USICS for lawyers and it was indicated that i140 EAD will be done till July 215. As it will be a issue for H4 EAD if dependent start company and sponsor the primary applicant H1B after AC21. Do you have any insight on this?

14. Ron Gotcher

Nothing is official yet and it would be inappropriate to speculate at this time.

15. nik2015

nik2015 New Member

Fair enough, I understand Thanks for responding.