1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellowship On EAD

Discussion in 'I-140 job portability' started by dr1979, Aug 12, 2009.

1. dr1979

dr1979 Junior Member

Dear Ron

Here is my situation

Labor/priority date : 07/07 under EB2
    I 140 approved
    I 485 pending since july 2007

I had filed for my EB2 Perm residency application after graduating from Internal Medicine residency in june 2007 as a a Hospitalist( Internist ) . I am currenlty on my 6th year of H1b (Ending july 2010) .

I matched in fellowship ( 2 yr program ) starting july 2010 . they only accept EAD . I plan to use my EAD that i have from the EB2 based application . I would be quitting my curent job / extended leave from my current employer in july 2010 . My current employer is willing to provide me with a Prooffer letter in case there is an RFE during my fellowship .

My uncertainities are as follows

1) Is it Ok to puruse fellowship using an EAD from my current EB2 applcation?

2) labor application give me a sec code as that for physicians , since fellowship comes under the same sec code , would it be ok to do so ?

3)My main concern is the significant drop in pay , my current job offer is for 165,000 .. where as in fellowship it would drop to 50000 .

4) Could i work parttime while doing fellowship as a Hospitalist ? Would it help with any RFE issuuesd during that period ?

5) What are my options if my I 485 is rejected during fellowship ?

thanking you
    Dr 1979 MD

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: Fellowship On EAD

You need to consult with an expert before you move. Based only on what you have written, I don't see any problems. Still, there could be a subtle issue involving special requirements that you didn't present. Have someone check it out for you.

3. dr1979

dr1979 Junior Member

thanks for the reply Ron , What are the special requirements ?

4. Visahelp

Visahelp Junior Member

To Dr 1979,
    I am in the similar situation going for a fellowship in 2013. could you please let me know your experience and what to watch for. What happens if I go for J1 instead quitting my immigration all together?

5. Samer2016

Samer2016 New Member

I am in the same boat. Would you mind tell me what happened with you

6. Samer2016

Samer2016 New Member

Can you give us more input about fellowship on ead ? Is it ok.

7. Samer2016

Samer2016 New Member

Would you mind share your experience ? I am in the same boat