1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Father's Name In Birth Certificate

Discussion in 'How to start the green card process' started by Amit gupta, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Amit gupta

Amit gupta New Member

Hi Experts,
    My fathers name in his passport : Vinaykumar baburao Gupta

But father's name in my passport is : VinayRao Gupta

My name is : Amit Gupta

Now, please advise what should be my father's name in my birth certificate. Between, we add Kumar and Rao as per our culture to show respect.
    Please reply soon.

2. Amit gupta

Amit gupta New Member

3. Veda2014

Veda2014 New Member

It would be best to have your father's name as it appears on your passport as you will be providing only the copy of your passport pages and not that of your father. Since it seems you are getting a delayed registration, make sure that any other document you may provide (for example, school certificate) also has the same name. You may have to provide affidavits also if indeed it is a delayed registration..

4. Amit gupta

Amit gupta New Member

Thanks ! There is a fair chance that the Government authorities here might give the Birth Certificate as 'VinayKumar Gupta'. So in that case, Do I need to submit affidavits and mention about the cultural variations of the same name? Vinaykumar/VinayRao ?

5. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

Do you have a birth certificate ?

6. Veda2014

Veda2014 New Member

I think if the names match in the BC and your passport and any other document you may submit, then there is no need to explain further. However, if the BC was registered late, then you need to provide affidavits from your parents and another relative indicating their names, your name, DOB, place of birth and explaining why birth was registered late. In this case you should provide copies of documents such as school certificates that will have your names of your parents. Make sure that they all match.