1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 To H4

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by sunil28, Mar 29, 2017.

1. sunil28

sunil28 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I already completed my one master in health science from states in 2013 and then did all my prerequisites for Prepharmacy in community college will be graduating this summer 2917. I got admission in pharmd which going start in this fall 2017. I'm still on f1 visa.. my i-94 /I-20e is still valid for few years. But my visa stamped expired. I already used my opt of 12 months as unpaid internship during my first master.
    I have few questions regarding change of status from f1 to h4.
    1) While I was in opt I did work outside which is not related to my field for 7months along with my official unpaid internship during my master. (I'm unsure will this affect to my change of status from f1 to h4?? Since it's almost 3 years of my post completion opt). In meantime I finished all my Prepharmacy prerequisite. I'm joining my pharmd in this fall 2017.
    2) what is the best time to do my change of status from f1 to h4?... as the prog is very Expensive or should I apply for h1 job once I'm done with my pharmd..
    3) Can i do change of status in beginning of the semester as my i-20/i-94 is still valid(not expire) or do at the end of semester or 45 days before i graduate in pharmd program.
    4) My wife i-140 approval is still pending?
    Idk wat to do??? What are the options to file for h4??
    What if I file for h4 in this fall at the beginning of my pharmd program( 4year prog), and worst case if my h4 denied but my I-20e/i-94 still valid... can I stay in states after my denial decision since my f1 visa still valid or I have to leave the country?
    I'm really confused!! Please help!!

2. sunil28

sunil28 New Member

My visa expire but my I-20/ i-94 is valid( not expire)