1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 Opt To H4 Ead. Will H4 Ead Be Revoked?

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by SUMATHI, Feb 1, 2017.

1. SUMATHI

SUMATHI New Member

Background of my current situation:
    Im currently on F1 OPT(also eligible for STEM Extension) working for a client and planning to apply for Change of status from F1 to H4 (along with EAD).

My husband has approved I140 and is planning to change his job,filing for H1B transfer in premium processing in next week. I'm planning to change my status to H4 and apply for EAD along with his H1 B transfer so that i would get EAD valid for 3 years .This would help me in getting change of status approved in 2 weeks which otherwise would take minimum of 3 months .So i would like to assess pros and cons and proceed with the change of status application.

I have come across in media that H4 EAD is going to be revoked in future by Trump Government.
    In case ,H4 EAD is revoked

1)Does this effect already existing H4 EAD holders? or only for new applicants/renewals?So far all the laws are effective for future applications/renewals.
    Could you please clarify?

2)If it is revoked when the application is in process what will be the impact?

3)Are there any chances to go back to F1 OPT if EAD is revoked during the application process?

4)What is the current processing time for getting an EAD after the COS to H4 is approved? (Considering California Center. I'm a resident of California)

5)Could you please suggest which would be better in the current situation . OPT /STEM Extension or H4 EAD? I understand that the STEM extension has been made stringent and that some of the employers are advised not to hire OPT students for full time positions .

6)To revoke H4 EAD, does it have to be approved by law ,going through legal process ? If so what would be the time taken approximately.

It would be of great help if you can help me get some clarification.

2. txresearcher

txresearcher Senior Member

Revoking H4 EAD will take at least a year, if it is done. No one knows for sure until the EO comes out. So, if i were you I would go ahead and do the COS to H4 and get EAD while you can.

SUMATHI likes this.
  3. SUMATHI

SUMATHI New Member

Thanks for your inputs :)