1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F 1 Out Of Status Over 180 Days

Discussion in 'Consular processing' started by hesi, May 21, 2016.

1. hesi

hesi New Member

Hi Ron,

I'm on F1 visa with D/S on I-94
    I-140 approved, filed the I-485 in Nov 2015, received RFF in Apr 2016 for the school records.

so I contacted the school and found out that they terminate my SEVIS in Aug 2015 (without sending me the notification, the program is supposed to end at the end of Nov 2015)
    (I didn't maintained the status by having enough credits since May 2015 due to sickness but I didn't aware how severe it is until receiving RFE and started to do some research)
    which means I'm already out of status for more than 180 days.

I understand my only option is to go back through CP
    so the question is
    1. how bad does this history effect the Consular Processing for the immigrant visa?? (whether the scenario is too bad beyond saving, that I should consider not leaving the country until I married us citizen?)

2. how about working visa in the future? is it very unlikely to get any working visa stamped any time soon?

Thank you for your time.

2. hesi

hesi New Member

I still received my advisor's email after the date they terminate my SEVIS (no warning as well) so I really had no clue that it had happened.

3. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Since you were only out of status for two to four months (depending upon whether they give you the extra 60 days), you remain eligible for adjustment of status.