1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expired H4 Ead Question

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by Binda, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Binda

Binda New Member

Hi,
    I am new to this forum , any help is greatly appreciated.
    My husband has an approved i 140, based on which i got my H4 EAD. I also applied for SSN and got the same.When I initially applied for EAD, Our visas were expiring on Aug 10, 2016, so my EAD was valid till aug 10, 2016. My husband's employer filed for H1 and H4 extension in May 2016 and we have the receipt notice of the same. Now, they did not file EAD renewal for me. I just realized this a day ago and have been going nuts not knowing what to do. On my personal front, I just completed a technical course and am getting ready to face interviews and I am confident that I would land a job in a matter of 3-4 weeks.I am aware that no company will extend an offer based on expired EAD.
    What should I do?
    Can i apply fr EAD renewal based on H1 Extension receipt notice?

any answers/ suggestions are welcome.

B

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Get the renewal on file as fast as possible. Unfortunately, this is not a basis for an expedite.

3. spg

spg New Member

For future reference, apply for EAD renewal 120 days prior to the expiration of EAD to avoid last minute surprises with delays in renewal and avoid issues with continuing employment in the absence of an approved EAD renewal.

All the best with your job hunt.

4. Som

Som New Member

What did u do ? Did u apply for an extension based on h1 renewal notice , please let me know I m also in same situation