1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experience letters - EB3 to EB2

Discussion in 'Employment verification issues' started by laado, Mar 19, 2011.

1. laado

laado Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I have a EB3 petition approved as Software Engineer from Company A. Now I have moved onto a new company B and they are applying for an EB2 position which is a Senior Oracle Database Administrator position. My experience letter from previous companies had my job position mentioned as software engineer though my responsibilities were all that of a Database Administrator and Database Engineer.

Can I get letters from the same supervisors in previous companies for the EB2 Oracle DBA position in Company B even though they had earlier given me letters for the EB3 position as Software Engineer in company A?

Does the Job Title in those experience letters have to absolutely match the job title of Senior Oracle DBA as documented for the PERM position ?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: Experience letters - EB3 to EB2

At the I-140 stage, you need to establish that when the PERM was filed, you possessed all of the education and experience specified in the PERM. If you need to get new letters, you may get them from your direct supervisors, if you wish.

3. laado

laado Junior Member

Hi Ron,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am getting a new letter from my former employer for the Senior Oracle Database Administrator position which is quite different from the letter he had given me years before for the Software Engineer position. I had a mix of Oracle Database Admin and Programming skills during that period and used the Programming skills for the EB3 petition. Now I am getting a letter mentioning my Senior DBA skills for the new EB2 position.

Will this cause an issue during i140 stage because of the same supervisor giving letters with different skills although there is a mention of Programming skills also in the second letter.

Thanks
    L

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Whenever someone offers different testimony in a matter, there is always a question of credibility. The supervisor needs to explain why he or she didn't include those skills in the earlier letter and, ideally, offer some proof that you did the work claimed.

5. alln

alln Junior Member

Hi Ron - Good Evening. I am currently employed in a consulting company for close to 8 years and got progressive development in my career and I hold Bachelors degree in computers (4 years course). Another employer after reading my profile, interviewed me and decided to offer me a job. I have few questions to ask.

1. I am currently in L status and the employer said he will sponsor H visa to recruit me and He has started my GC process (EB2) right away as I don't have much time in my pocket to initiate GC after OCT'11. I am staying in US for close to 4 years. Is it ok to start off the GC process before even applying for H visa?
    3. Important question is my current employer with whom i am working for, will not give me a experience letter in the company letter head and my supervisor said he can give stating my roles and responsibilities in this company. Please let me know if the notarized experience letter not in the company letterhead which is signed by my supervisor is acceptable by USCIS during my GC process.

Please reply!!

Thanks!!