1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expedite Request On I-539 Case - Question

Discussion in 'General nonimmigrant visa issues' started by Mahsa, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mahsa

Mahsa New Member

Hi,

my i539 case (change of status from F-2 to F-1) was received on June 05, 2017 at Vermont service center. Due to my special circumstance and due to lack of time, I called national customer service to request for expedited processing of my case.
    should I wait for the request for evidence letter from them before sending my evidence to Vermont service center? or I can just send my petition along with the supporting documents to the address written on the bottom of my receipt notice?

Another question is that can I also send my petition and evidence by email?

Thank you

2. Mahsa

Mahsa New Member

Another question is that the date written on my I-20 is August 21 so I don't have much time left. I know that school accepts late registration (based on some of my friends who got their F-1 visa stamp later than the registration date), but I want to know if that would be a problem with USCIS if the date is past my registration date (08/21/2017) before getting any response from USCIS, and is it possible that they reject my case because of it? in the other words, do I have to defer to next semester immediately after August 21?

I'll appreciate if you share your experience or knowledge regarding my issue.