1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Executive Action: Speculation As To What And When

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. speedracer

speedracer Guru

I think the flights from middle east give less transit headaches and troubles than Europe.. also abu dhabi has the pre-clearance facility .. coming back to speculation on EO.. do the senior fellows.. feel we might hear positive news in June or would it be.. sept or oct. ..

ProfessorChaos likes this.
  2. stanii

stanii Member

guess you meant, mid-east airlines treat Valid visas, Expired Visas with petition, AP, GC all the same?

Any optimistic calculation of breaking good news is Mid 2016. Worst case will be 2020.
    Now that is Dr APJ's 2020 vision of India is only 4 years away. Still we are more close to third world country status than to Developed country.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  3. ddran

ddran Member

Middle east countries accept Indian passport for transit (no need for transit visa) but if you travel through Europe then you need transit visa or valid US visa and not AP.. So it mean those who have i140ead will choose Middle east airlines so that they can avoid Europe transit .

ProfessorChaos likes this.
  4. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

That's basically what I meant that there are more problems to flying through Europe with AP than with a valid visa. But that necessarily does not mean middle eastern airlines prefer AP to GC, its just that they care about the Indian passport more than the US status which makes it easier. That's all.

ddran likes this.
  5. ddran

ddran Member

What i meant to say is that , if more people in AP then its good business for Middle east airlines .

6. Kamakazee

Ahh ok. I see where you are getting at. More people with AP means they will not be able to fly through Europe and will have to take middle eastern airlines. Looks like they will have a stake in this Pre-Registration rule too. Maybe they can influence the administration to move faster with the rulemaking process, trade a few million barrels of oil. US can do anything for oil, we know that.

But this would also mean that just like the body shoppers, they will also not like the backlog to clear. Now we know why the 2 Rs are dead. Thanks ddran!! :)

ProfessorChaos, jdoe99 and ddran like this.
  7. sunyang

sunyang Well-Known Member

no offense but I prefer taking european carriers. the middle east ones stink and especially the final leg from dubai/qatar to india is unbearable. too many stinking labor workers on the plane. last time i went i felt like throwing up .

NEVER AGAIN !

8. sunyang

sunyang Well-Known Member

really .

I thought u could still transit via europe with AP? no?

9. Kamakazee

AP is not recognized as a status in Europe but visa is. If you have a valid US visa, you will not need a transit visa to travel through Europe. But if you are on AP, you will. Moreover, we can now travel to certain countries without their visa as we have a valid US visa. That may not be possible on AP.

10. montyp80

montyp80 Junior Member

I hope, we get visa re-validation within US as one of the fix, Would solve biggest hassle of travelling.

I know its a big hope!!!

11. ddran

ddran Member

12. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

WADR..Probably we should start a new thread on "High Skilled Immigrant Status in US for International Travel."

13. stanii

stanii Member

exactly you have to go for the extra hassle of Transit visa - time, money.
    Rather will pay extra for Mid-east if you can bear with the third world brethren.

But -
    Brussels, Belgium is the only destination without any hassle in Europe. Personally I have traveled through Belgium without valid visa.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  14. Kamakazee

I am surprised why we have not heard anything on visa revalidation either. I know many submitted it as one of the fixes for the consulates. I never said that visa revalidation will reduce pressure from foreign consulates and they can concentrate on new visa applications instead of the renewals. They used to do this before 2004, they should be able to restart it again.

The RFI in December/Jan now looks like a sham. Nothing concrete came out of it. EAD/AP would have happened anyway without the RFI.

ddran likes this.
  15. kd082108

kd082108 Guru

How can you be so sure about this? "EAD/AP would have happened anyway without the RFI."?

16. ddran

ddran Member

US might have recruited lot of people and posted in India for Processing Visa. If US need lot of people in consulates then Its also best way to post CIA agency for covert operation. If count has to be reduced then lot of confusion for administration. I also believe India is a safe place(base camp after Japan and SK) for US agency for all covert operation in Asia.

17. mar212011

mar212011 Well Regarded Member

18. speedracer

speedracer Guru

19. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Poor PBS, they so desperately want to be the BBC.

20. nohohon

nohohon Junior Member

No offense but that sounds like the words of someone that thinks that their s*** does not stink. Again, no offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.