1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Executive Action: Speculation As To What And When

Discussion in 'General discussion about executive action' started by Ron Gotcher, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I am opening this thread so that people who wish to speculate/discuss what might happen and when it will happen can post their thoughts. This will be my last post for the day, and I'll be in the hospital tomorrow. So, I'll see you all on Thursday.

2. GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza Guru

Good luck with the surgery and hope you get well real soon!!

3. 10YearsWait

10YearsWait New Member

Hope every thing goes well and speedy recovery Ron...

I will go first with the speculation :)

Recapture (PD current).. June VB....

GeorgeCostanza likes this.
  4. h1bperm

h1bperm Junior Member

Good luck with your surgery Ron

5. mgfag2000

mgfag2000 Member

Alright, my first post after the not so memorable day yesterday. Some thoughts:

1) Some sort of a memo/executive action/rule making decision coming out in the next 2-4 weeks.

2) If this happened before the June VB comes out and the dates are moved significantly then it would help a lot of people including me.

3) Only a limited number of people would benefit from this (per IV). This probably means that the dates wont be made current but would be moved or allow a lot of people to file to get EAD/AP.

Overall, very disappointed with how the things unfolded. Looking for some sort of closure on this.

6. St Jude

St Jude Member

I say its I140 EAD before H4EAD date
    OR
    Dates becoming current in next VB

7. Rajeshpnq

Rajeshpnq New Member

Get well Ron....see you soon !

Take care.

8. Newhope

Newhope New Member

Thanks Ron. Good luck for your surgery. We are waiting for you to see your valuable comments and directions.

After so many analysis and predictions .. The only official news from Leon Rodriguez which has been updated by PJ media as below:

http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...ertime-to-add-new-americans-by-2016-election/

"In addition to this visa blizzard"... This gives the hopes and the first news going to come from DOS by moving VB as per their predictions and analysis to make every one to current which allow AOS for approved H1 I 140s before May 26th. That indirectly helps USCIS to reduce the lots of duplicate and additional works. Again I am sure that the coming VB going to be the KEY to every one. This helps evry one to clear everything ...

Guru's, Please share your comments ...

All the very best to all.

9. NN5

NN5 Guru

Wish you very good luck with your surgery Ron.See you soon...

10. spinupol

spinupol Junior Member

11. sigler

sigler Junior Member

stanii likes this.
  12. kkrun

kkrun Member

The key for timing of pre-registration could be May 26 date for rolling out H4 EAD.

13. mgfag2000

mgfag2000 Member

If nothing happens before the next VB comes out May10-12 then that means no visa recapture and dates not moving or becoming current.

I couldn't care less abt any reform via regulatory process coz that will take at least 6 mos to implement.

What a waste of time and sick of this political football...

14. Newhope

Newhope New Member

Thanks Ron. We will be waiting for your comments and wishing for fast recovery.

I would say the announcement is going to come from the DOS as per the official information from Leon Rodriguez ... In addition to this visa blizzard ..
    And the announcement should happen before the May 26th that helps USCIS reduces the extra work for h4 processing.

http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...ertime-to-add-new-americans-by-2016-election/

I am hoping that this month VB is going to clear everything for our expectations and possibly until Friday evening may come.

Good luck to all..

Hope and waiting continues..

15. jdoe99

jdoe99 Well-Known Member

Chances of reinterpretation is definitely going down exponentially with each day till the next FY(no chance this late IMO). Recapture is a different beast. It can happen anyday and there is no pressure to finish it before a timeline. So USCIS can allocate recaptured numbers based on resources.

16. Nandakumar

Nandakumar Senior Member

Normally, during the beginning of each month, there will be a disabled icon in Visa Bulletin for next upcoming bulletin. But this time, there is no such thing and May 2015 is still ON...

So did they forgot to update or something to be expected? I know what I believe is what I see...

17. Feb2011

Feb2011 New Member

Good luck with the surgery Ron and hope you get well real soon!!

18. Satish.txt

Satish.txt Member

Take care of yourself, send some pictures from hospital!! ;)

19. Satish.txt

Satish.txt Member

Today i have talked to Oh law and he said there is a mastery in May VB because it is saying "coming soon" he is also predicting something will happen in June/July like 2007 or I-140 EAD (pre-registration). Lets see what WH think about legal reform.

20. tarun1980

tarun1980 Junior Member

Greg Siskind posted this:
    I’ve taken a break from blogging for the last few weeks while I’ve been trying to finish a manuscript. The book is not yet done, but I’m ready to get back to regularly commenting on immigration developments. Many of you know that I post regularly on Twitter and that hasn’t slowed down. My account is @gsiskind and I welcome you to follow me there along with reading what I have to write here.

Last Friday, Immigration Voice, the organization that has zealously represented highly skilled immigrants for several years, posted an interesting announcement indicating that on Monday, May 4th, a major announcement would be coming from the Administration that should not be missed. A lot of people got their hopes up over the weekend as speculation circulated regarding “pre-registration”, the Visa Bulletin being made current, recapture of unused green cards and more.

When nothing happened on Monday, many questioned whether IV knew what they were talking about. Today the group gave more information on what they had learned and, in fact, it’s consistent with another source of mine.

The White House has been working on the visa modernization plan that was mentioned in the President’s November remarks. The document is not actually going to change anything right away, but it will get in to the specifics of what actions the Administration plans to take. After the plan is released, we’ll begin to see the ideas implemented via guidance memoranda and new regulations. IV is now reporting that the plan, originally set for release on Monday, will now be released in a few weeks. I’m expecting to see the “pre-registration” concept in that document based on a recent statement by Ur Jaddou, the USCIS chief counsel, at an AILA conference in DC. But what else will be on the list is not yet clear.

justice likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.