1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evc Model - No Client Letter

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by CSGP, Nov 2, 2015.

1. CSGP

CSGP New Member

Hello Ron & Team,

Hope you are doing good ! I need some advice on my case.
    I am into 5th year of H1, current I-94 will expire in Mar 2016. My I-140 is approved.

I have accepted a new assignment through EVC model, same employer, new vendor and new client. Since my I-94 is about to expire, I am filing the addendum and the extension together.

The new vendor is not willing to share the client letter, client-vendor letter or any other documents. He can provide a vendor letter up on my start of the assignment.

I have a planned trip outside USA next year and I should go for a Visa stamping.

I am a little worried about the lack of documents and chances of my extension/stamping approvals.
    Could you suggest what alternatives I have? Should I think twice before joining this assignment. I have signed the contract with them though.

Thank you for your time, appreciate it!

2. iDreamer

iDreamer Member

Now a days USCIS is very strictly looking for documentation from Client (min of client letter). You might be running into RFE and a potential denial if there is no Client letter.

3. speedracer

speedracer Guru

Client letter is always a good thing to have for visa stamping but many clients don't give it out.. what we have done for consultants who come work for us through EVC model is three things:
    • Email or documentation stating client doesn't provide any client letters (get it from vendor)
    • MSA between the vendor and client
    • any documentation related to PO or contract stating the resource working at client through the vendor (this is paperwork between V and C)
    This has worked in past but if you have multiple layers.. it complicates the process.

All the best!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  4. CSGP

CSGP New Member

Thank you speedracer & iDreamer for your inputs.

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I can't add much to that.