1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Employment Change After Getting Green Card

Discussion in 'General immigration questions' started by gmurali5, Apr 8, 2017.

1. gmurali5

gmurali5 New Member

Hello Ron - I filed Adjustment of status (I-485) in August 2007 with the current employer and Green card was approved in January 2017 and planning to join new job at different location. However, the new employer is offering $8,000 less than prevailing wages as in PERM labor certification. The new job (with new employer) has better career prospects than the current job (with current employer). Will this cause issue to Green Card or Citizenship in future? Appreciate your response. Please provide your inputs.

2. Santy

Santy Guru

Sky is the limit.

Note: I am not a lawyer.

s_gan likes this.
  3. gmurali5

gmurali5 New Member

Hi Santy - Thanks for the response. Did you mean there won't be any issue in future?

4. Santy

Santy Guru

I haven't seen any issue but I am not an attorney. Please discuss either with Ron & team or any immigration attorney.

5. gmurali5

gmurali5 New Member

Thanks Santy for your response.

Ron, Please provide your inputs. Your help is highly appreciated.

6. sagard

sagard Member

Hi Ron, I am on EB3 category from India. According to NVC they are processing applications from April 2006 and I have submitted all the documents and they are waiting to date become current. Now what I found is my employer shut down there business. What shall I do now? Thank you..