1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Employer Unwilling To Give I140 Approval Notice

Discussion in 'AC 21 I-140 Portability' started by jayaprakashns, Mar 4, 2015.

1. jayaprakashns

jayaprakashns Junior Member

Dear all,
    I have been working on H1B and my 6 year cap is already over. My I140 was approved in Apr 2011. However, I dont have the copy of the approval notice. I just have the case number with me.

From various forums, what I came to know is that I can take the USCIS screenshot to do the H1B transfer and request my I140 approval copy through FOIA. However, it is not clear if I can retain the priority date when it is time to apply for GC.

Here is the question that I don't have a definite answer: If I switch the employer without the I140 approval copy but with the case number alone, will I be able to port my PD in the future ? In all probability, my current employer will withdraw I140 as soon as I leave them.

Thanks.

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The file number is all that you need. It is not necessary to have a copy of the actual notice.

3. Ron Gotcher

You need to have your education credentials evaluated by a reputable company before doing anything else.

4. Ron Gotcher

Trustforte is a good company. What evaluation did they give you?