1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Employer filing a case as i signed 12 months contract.

Discussion in 'Consulting company issues' started by karthick, Dec 16, 2012.

1. karthick

karthick Junior Member

hi,

I worked for company A from FEB 2012 to OCT 2012 on (H1 / EAD). I resigned for company A and joined end client Company C as fulltime.

I worked as contractor to Company C through Company B middle vendor. There is no direct relationship between Company A and Comapny C. I searched for job thru Dice and found companyB middle vendor.

Now after 2 months company A sent a certified mail to old address , i moved out to different address so they send me a soft copy thru email on
    X Attorney Letter head "AS i have signed appointment letter that i will not join for middle vendor or end client after resigning from company A for 12 months"

1) they are asking to pay the damage charges not mentioned the amount
    2) they mentioned if they proceed legally i should pay the attorney fees.
    3) They also said not to disclose this to anyone.
    4) They mentioned if judgement comes favourable to them then i need to resign full time with company C. they asked me call them before 10th december, but i received it on 11th in email.

What should i reply to them now, will this situation be problem in my case.

EX for the relationship between employees
    Company A (my employer) Company B (Middle Vendor) Company C (end client which i took fulltime)

Company B -- Company C (middle vendor to end client )
    Company A -- Company B (here there is no relation to the end client)

Thanks
    karthick

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: Employer filing a case as i signed 12 months contract.

You need to consult with local labor law counsel. While it is possible for employers to impose such limitations legally in many instances, the fact is that most employers do not draft their agreements properly and these provisions are generally unenforceable.

3. karthick

karthick Junior Member

Re: Employer filing a case as i signed 12 months contract.

My Employer voilated 3 things 1) He charged for entire Green Card process 2) Didn't paid for 48 days salary 3) He is not ready to provide bench salary and asked to give that money. Is he voilating DOL and INS lawas where can i report for the employer voilations. I heard a consulting firm in carlifornia is getting shut down because of these voilations did anyone had idea of that.