1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EB2(C) - National Interest Waiver Query

Discussion in 'College and University Faculty' started by eb2_seeker, Sep 5, 2012.

1. eb2_seeker

eb2_seeker Junior Member

Hello Ron,

I accidently happened to bump into this forum only to discover the wealth of immigration information!

I have Masters and Doctorate in Life Sciences with 7 years research and academic post-qualification experience. I have 6 published papers in journals including Human Reproduction and Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism along with 5 abstracts at various International Conferences.

Currently, my research on human adult stem cell is undergoing clinical trials.

With your experience of filing NIWs, would you advise me submitting an application for NIW? Would it be worth the efforts? Neither am I based in US nor do I have any work authorization for US at this point of time.

I had run my thoughts with an immigration consultant/attorney in my country. However his tall claims on success with NIW forced me to look for options. Will sincerely appreciate your guidance!

Thanks..
    eb2_seeker

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: EB2(C) - National Interest Waiver Query

Without reviewing your background in depth, I can't really offer any thoughts on the likelihood of success. You are definitely in the ballpark.

3. mynameisbilla

mynameisbilla Member

Can one actually apply for NIW without a job offer or not already working in the US? Even if approved, I assume one has to go for consular processing and then what happens?

4. Ron Gotcher

You have to be able to prove that you will work in a field that is in the national interest. If you don't have a job offer, that can be difficult. On the other hand, if you are going to work in an area where there is a shortage of qualified workers, you may be able to petition successfully. It would be far better, however, to have a job offer.

5. mynameisbilla

mynameisbilla Member

Thanks Ron. Hopefully, OP takes note of your comment(s) as he/she does not appear to be working or residing in the US.

6. eb2_seeker

eb2_seeker Junior Member

Thanks Ron and Billa for your inputs. Apologies for a delayed reply - had been travelling and was caught up with work.

Ron - would it be okay to send you a PM/email in order to discuss this further?

7. Ron Gotcher

Sure.