1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eb2 5 Years "continuous" Experience

Discussion in 'Filing for AOS with an approved I-140' started by atlantun, Aug 29, 2015.

1. atlantun

atlantun New Member

Hi forum,
    I just came to learn that the 5 years experience needs to have no gaps? is this correct?
    because of 6 months at school I don't have continuous 5 years ( I have a gap )
    I do have more than 6 years of experience in total ( excluding current employer 1.5 year) with reference letters from previous employers
    Knowing this is there a risk filing in EB2?
    or it is safer to file under EB3 since it does not require "continuous" 5 years,

my PERM (which is approved ) is the following :
    Education: minimum level required is bachelor

job description
    Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and five years of experience in the job offered or related field; Five years’ experience with C++ and Oracle DB; Five years creating GUI applications; Four years working Oracle enterprise system framework; Two years working with Distributed applications;
    Two years developing and implementing flexible Website for use internally and externally
    of the company; One year experience creating JSON, and setting up database infrastructure.

Please help
    Thank you

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Guru

You must have 5 years experience in a relevant job field. It doesnt say it has to be continoud

3. atlantun

atlantun New Member

Thanks Don,
    This is only something I saw online somewhere and had me confused

I would appreciate if you can confirm the following
    1) Eb2 is stricter than EB3
    2) Eb2 requires masters or Bachelors + 5 _progressive/continuous_ experience (no gaps )
    3) as per my perm job description, i have both options to file eb2 or eb3

I do have the experience required in the PERM, i just want to go with the safer route

Thanks again for your quick answer

4. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

Its Either Masters or Bachelors + 5 years of relevant experience in the field of work

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Not true.

6. Kamakazee

Kamakazee Super Moderator

Does 5 years of relevant experience automatically qualify for EB2? I do not think so. The job duty should require Masters too right?

7. Mayur

Mayur Well-Known Member

i Guess it is Bachelors + years or Masters .

I know people with Masters and no Experience in EB2

But for afaik Bachelors it requires 5 years of experience, no need of Masters in the job experience as long as it states that they need a minimum of 5 years of experience. Please correct me if I am wrong

8. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

The job itself must require an advanced degree or equivalent knowledge. Once that is satisfied, look to the qualifications of the employee.