1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAD Card lost by USPS

Discussion in 'Adjustment of status' started by uzairsyedahmed, Jun 9, 2012.

1. uzairsyedahmed

uzairsyedahmed Junior Member

Hi Ron,

Thanks for having such a forum. I wanted to ask you something. My EAD was dispatched by USCIS and USPS lost my card. Their online tracking shows "dispatched to sorting facility" and it hasn't been updated since 25 days. So the online tracking system doesn't show it as being delivered and USPS is saying that it has been lost. Do I need to file the application and wait ffor90 days or would USCIS issue a replacement after the 30 days?

Thanks for all your help Ron

Uzair

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: EAD Card lost by USPS

Make an InfoPass appointment and bring in a copy of the I-765 that you filed, as well as the USPS printout.

3. uzairsyedahmed

Thank you Ron. I shall do that. I don't have a copy of the form that I filed. However, I do have all the receipts and approval notices that I received. Would that be enough?

Also, do you think USCIS would ask me to file the whole application process and wait for 90 days or would I be able to ask them to just reissue the card since I never received it in mail and USPS doesn't show it as delivered either.

Regards,

Uzair Ahmed

4. Ron Gotcher

It all depends on who you speak with and how sympathetic they are. Bring a fully completed I-90 with you, just in case they want it.

5. uzairsyedahmed

Dear Ron,

I did have an appointment with the infopass and she gave me a vague answer. She said, that I had the possibility of applying for a new EAD card I-765 before the 30 day period is over. It would be like filing a new application but requesting for a replacement. She also said that the expedited process is a rare chance and it might as well take 90 days.

I did however, call the helpline of customer service and a guy named Robert told me that I should wait for 30 days and make an SR(which I will get a reply to within 5 days). He said that they will decide and inform me as to what should be done. He said that they could ask me to file for the application again or they could reprint the EAD card without having me file it. He wasnt sure underwhich circumstances do they reprint it without the applicant filing it but he said USCIS has done that in the past.

Have you heard of USCIS reprinting the card if the USPS tracking system shows it as just "left vermont facility with no notice of it reaching the applicant or reaching a nearby USPS office in that state? Should I wait for this incase they reprint it or should I go ahead and file for a replacement ( I-765) . Appreciate all your help in the matter. May God bless you!

Uzair

6. Ron Gotcher

I know of many instances where the USCIS has re-issued a card when it was clear that the original had been lost by the USPS.

7. evdc

evdc Junior Member

Hi Ron,

My EAD card got lost on the mail. They say USPS delivered it but I never received it!!! However, I sent out a new I-765 form asking for the replacement of my EAD card, and received a notice of Action from USCIS that says the application has been received and is in process. Now, the problem is I need to travel within a month. Would the receipt(s), I-20, F-1 Visa, and the letter of employment be sufficient to re-enter the US?
    Thank you very much for this forum.

8. Ron Gotcher

Yes, that should be sufficient.

9. Uday

Uday Junior Member

Hello Ron,
    I have the same case. I applied for EAD renewal and it was approved and the document was picked up from USCIS on Feb 12th. USCIS provided the USPS tracking number. After a week I check the status and the last two updates were: "1) Delivery Status not updated 2) Out for Delivery". I contacted the local USPS office and they said that it was lost/stolen. They also agreed that no delivery attempt was made. After reading this thread, I have decide to send a letter to my Congressman and Senators. In the meantime is there anything I could do to get my replacement card without paying the fee.

Thanks!!!

10. keekee

keekee New Member

Did you file a replacement card application in order to get the new card? How was it resolved? I'm currently in the same position as you. Filed a complaint with USPS and USCIS, but no where to proceed.