1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ead Approved With Wrong Status

Discussion in 'OPT changes' started by Darryl Alva, May 12, 2015.

1. Darryl Alva

Darryl Alva New Member

Hi,

I filed for my EAD on 3/3/2015 and received an approval notice from the USCIS website on 5/7/2015. The letter mentioned that.

‘The above applicant has been approved. The separate application for adjustment of status has also been approved. ( A separate notice of this approval will be mailed.) Since the applicant has been residence, an EAD card will not be issued because this card is not for use by permanent residents to establish employment eligibility.’

I have not filed for residency and it is an error from the USCIS. After calling the helpline they informed me that I will have to wait for another 15 days as an officer put in a service request.

Please guide me about timelines of estimates for my EAD card now. Will I have to reapply. If not? Will they try and resolve the issue on their own?
    Any help will be truly appreciated.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I'd make an InfoPass appointment and go in and talk to them about it. The people on the phone are USCIS contractors who work at a call center. The person you speak with on an InfoPass appointment is a real USCIS adjudicator.