1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAD Approved - But not received

Discussion in 'Employment verification issues' started by julie123, Sep 19, 2008.

1. julie123

julie123 Junior Member

Hi Ron,

You forum is really informative and I am sure the immigrant community is really grateful to you for this service.

I have a problem.

I received the Card Production Ordered email on 28th August. As of 09/19, I am yet to receive the card.
    My current EAD expires on 10/15/08. Can I continue to work with my current employer?
    I have relocated to a new citye this week and I applied for AR-11 and updated my address for my pending i-485. However, I called USCIS and they said that they cannot change the address on a approved application and asked me to call after 29th September for further assistance.
    I have asked USPS to hold my mails for a while and I am checking with the Post Master. It hasn't arrived yet.
    What are my options? I am really worried. Will taking an Infopass help?

Thanks.
    Julie

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Re: EAD Approved - But not received

If they haven't sent your card by October 1st, make an InfoPass appointment. At the appointment, ask for an interim EAD. No matter what they say they have done, unless and until they deliver a card to you, they haven't complied with their obligation to extend your card within 90 days.

3. julie123

julie123 Junior Member

Thanks Ron.

I have scheduled an infopass appointment on the 1st of October.

I hope I get the EAD before the current one expires...

In worst case, can I continue to work as the new EAD is approved or I need to be in possession of the card.

Many thanks.
    Regards,
    Julie

4. Ron Gotcher

If you work without the card in hand, your employer can be fined. Go to the CIS and demand an interim card. It is your right to do so.

5. springaround

springaround Member

Approved but Missing Card!

I just received my EAD approval notice in mail today for OPT with start date and end date on it. I was happy till I found out the card is not attached.

I never receive the Card production order status change. So I called the customer service and found out they never place the card production order for me. They opened a Service request and say wait 45 days for decision....... I have a start on 6/14.

Now my question is, can I start working or be e-verify using my SSN and this approval notice without the physical card?

6. Ron Gotcher

E-Verify is supposed to be able to check CIS records directly. If that is true, then they should confirm that you have employment authorization. This is little different than the situation where your wallet is lost or stolen, with your card in it. Your card is not your authorization, it is only evidence of your authorization. If e-Verify can provide verification, then that's all you need for now.

7. springaround

springaround Member

Hi Ron,

I gave my SSN, A#, I-94, DL, EAD receipt and approval notices copies to my company's HR, and they still seems to confuse if I have enough evidence for work authorization.

Should I wait for my physical card to avoid getting a miss match result from the E-verify system?

Besides E-verify, do I need the physical card to fulfill the I-9 form requirements? Or the E-verify can replace the I-9 forms?

Thanks

8. Ron Gotcher

The employer must have an I-9 on file. An e-Verify check simply makes the employer bulletproof as far as subsequent audits by the government are concerned. If e-Verify shows you as eligible, then you don't need the physical card at this point.

9. suhasbr

suhasbr Junior Member

Hi Ron,

I am on OPT(F1 Visa)

My card was approved in Jan 2012 but i never received card. When i called uscis they told it was lost in mail.

I reapplied for the card on Feb 19 and my card was approved and sent on March 16. But this time also i did not receive the card and they are saying the same thing again.

I have reapplied again. Hope this time i would get it.

I have started working in a company thinking i would get my card in March. Luckily My employer hasn't asked me for physical EAD card yet.
    I am really worried if i can still work in this company?
    Please suggest me as to what are the things i need to do? I am really worried after reading the forums in the internet.

Thanks in advance.