1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Think If Clinton Get Elected, Will She Be Able To Pass Cir Within 1 Year?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by darkeye50, Aug 15, 2016.

1. darkeye50

darkeye50 Junior Member

With republicans control house, it can be tough ?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Yes, I think she will be able to do it. If the Democrats do not gain control of the House, the will come very close. Ryan will have to work with them to get bills passed. I think he will marginalize the "freedom caucus".

3. Santy

Santy Guru

Huge landslide for Hillary with all Latinos in Dems pocket can pave way for CIR.

4. vineet12345

vineet12345 Member

Don't hold your breath..

Ron has been optimistic since 2012, since the bill for comprehensive immigration reform was introduced..
    Not an iota has changed since 2012..

Time & money of the immigrants is considered peanuts for the politicians & employers alike..

They are all happy with the state of matters, so why change anything ?
    USCIS is making money, employers having immigrants as slaves are making money, the immigration detention centers are making money.. the world is crazy about coming to America, so all of the stakeholders (except the immigrants) are happy with the status quo and doing their best to make sure nothing changes

NN5, JeffDiw and kkrun like this.
  5. txresearcher

txresearcher Senior Member

Does it really matter what we think? May be if everyone thinks it will happen, it may happen??

6. Ron Gotcher

The GOP is running out of time. This is really the last presidential election that will be decided by a white majority. In 2020, whites will be a minority of the electorate. They will still be the single largest voting bloc, but they won't be a majority. If the GOP wants to stay relevant, they have to reach out to nonwhite groups. This means changing their position on immigration. They recognized this in the famous 2012 "autopsy," but didn't take their own advice.

They can't even count on old white guys like me anymore. I changed my registration from Republican to Independent about ten years ago. The intolerance in the GOP is just something I can't deal with.

Personally, I think the election is over. I said that back in 2012 and no one believed me. I think that Hillary will get between 330 and 400 electoral votes and the Dems will take control of the Senate. The Republican majority in the House is going to be razor thin. With the wackadoodles in the "freedom caucus" making trouble, Ryan is going to have to decide to work with the Dems or lose the House in two years.

For all of those reasons, yes I do see a very good chance that CIR will be passed.

Santy likes this.
  7. Santy

Santy Guru

Amen

8. vineet12345

vineet12345 Member

Now what ?

Do you think Trump will do anything to remove the backlog for legal immigrants ?

9. Ron Gotcher

10. vineet12345

vineet12345 Member

11. vineet12345

vineet12345 Member

As expected (from the dumb & ignorants) they are going after 'high skilled immigrants' in the 100 days of office
    God bless America & its ignorants

12. Ron Gotcher

Trump is busy changing his positions on so many things, who knows what he is going to do?