1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delays In Green Card Through Eb1c

Discussion in 'Keeping your green card' started by Ganesh Srinivasan, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Ganesh Srinivasan

Ganesh Srinivasan New Member

Hello Ron,
    I have a question or two regarding my Green Card.

Back ground: My company filed for a green card in EB1-C category for myself, wife and kid. My I-140 petition was received by USCIS on 10/03/2014, 485 on 10/03 - 10/08. My wife and kid got their biometrics done on 10/28/14. On 11/06/2014 I got a message saying “he Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-485” and it did not mention what notice it was .. like biometric or any other. I called up the USCIS toll free and spoke to an immigration officer and got to know there was no actionable document in it and my biometric appt was not sent, and was advised to wait for 90 days and then check back.

In the mean time myself & my wife got our EAD (765) cards during the last week of Dec 2014 and on Jan 20, 2015 I got a message that my I-140 was approved which was a good sign .. but there is still no sign of my bio-metric appointment. I then put in an inquiry for biometric appt on Jan 29, waited for a couple of weeks for any action but in-vain. I then took an Infopass appt (on 20Feb2015) and spoke to an officer in person at the nearest USCIS center and explained my case. The lady their apprised me that it was indeed the biometric apppointment which I missed in Nov 2014 and a new one is being generated and should get the Bio Metric Appt in a month’s time. Now its end of Mar 2015 and more than a month since my last visit to USCIS office and still no sign of Bio metrics.

Is there something wrong with my case OR are these kind of delays normal ? I know some friends of mine who applied after me and already have their green cards in hand by now ?

Is there a way to find out as to whats the issue with my case ? I have taken another infopass appointment for 6th April to discuss my case further ? Please advice me as to what needs to be done from myside to expedite my case ?

/Regards
    Ganesh S

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

I don't know why they haven't sent you a biometrics appointment. Make and InfoPass appointment and go in and talk to them.

Ganesh Srinivasan likes this.
  3. Ganesh Srinivasan

Thanks a lot Ron.
    The last visit got me a generic response like .. "Your file is moving and shall get it in a month's time". I do not hope to get a different response this time. However let me try.

/Regards
    Ganesh S

4. Ganesh Srinivasan

Hello Ron,
    I just called up the USCIS toll free to check if there is any update on my case and heard a different thing. I was advised to write to tsc.ncscfollowup@uscis.dhs.gov to get more updates/clarification on my case. The lady on the call told me that you should have written to tsc long back .. no point waiting. I am not sure as to whom to believe .. folks @ uscis toll free OR those in the uscis office ?

Anyways I shall visit the uscis office on Monday and try to get more details.

/Regards
    Ganesh S

5. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Try both.

6. Ganesh Srinivasan

Hello Ron,
    I am glad to report an update on my case. I got the Biometrics appointment from the texas centre and was able finish my Biometrics yesterday (04/30). I hope to receive our cards in the next 2-3 weeks. Now that our 140 is approved, got the ead cards (combo), 131 approved for kid, biometrics done .. should get it in another 2-3 weeks.

/Regards
    Ganesh S

7. Ganesh Srinivasan

Hello Ron,
    I am glad to update that I finally got an update that my GC is approved and they have mailed me a welcome kit .. a great relief for me after keeping my fingers crossed for a long time :). I guess its a matter of a couple of weeks now.

Thanks and Regards
    Ganesh Srinivasan