1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dapa Eligibility

Discussion in 'DAPA' started by Ron Gotcher, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Based on what the White House and USCIS have posted, we believe that the DAPA requirements will be:
    1. The applicant must have a U.S. citizen or LPR son or daughter (of any age), as of November 20, 2014; and,
    2. Has been continuously present in the U.S. since before January 1, 2010; and,
    3. Was physically present in the U.S. in unlawful status on November 20, 2014; and,
    4. Is physically present in the U.S. at the time of making an application for deferred action; and,
    5. Is not an enforcement priority (i.e., has not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors, and does not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety).

2. Peter111

Peter111 New Member

Hi Ron, do you happen to know if DAPA recipient will be able to apply for a professional licence? In my case commercial pilot licence. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, thank you Peter.

3. Ron Gotcher

I don't know. I suppose it will depend on the state. DAPA recipients will get three years of renewable work authorization. Beyond that, nothing is clear yet.

4. Peter111

Peter111 New Member

Thank you for your answer, I think this won't depend on state. The pilot licencing is up to FAA which is federal administration.

5. Ron Gotcher

For obvious reasons, that is a very touchy area. I honestly don't know how they will rule.