1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cos F1 To H4 + Ead

Discussion in 'Non-working nonimmigrant issues' started by Sherman000, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sherman000

Sherman000 New Member

My wife has changed her status from H4 to F1 in August 2017 since my I140 was pending and my h1b was expiring in oct. My I140 has recently been approved and my h1b extension has been filed.

Since my wife needs to start working after school in May 2018, we are now confused as to should we apply for her COS again from F1 to H4 and bring her on EAD or should we just let her continue on her F1 so that she can utilize her OPT?
    What would you recommend knowing that my wife is currently on F1, EAD rule can still undergo some major changes in future and we want to travel out of the country in January( we will need to get her stamped)?
    Can we apply for EAD along with H4 COS right now?

Also, My H1b was not filled in premium. I want to request premium processing to it, can we apply for her h4 and EAD along with the request for my premium processing?