1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert From F1 To H4 Ead

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by mansi, Mar 30, 2015.

1. mansi

mansi New Member

After my marriage , I moved to USA on H4 VISA in Feb 2014 -Valid from (Jan 2014- Nov 2016) .My husband is on H1 and his I-140 is approved.

I started studying in a State university from Fall 2014 and traveled to my home country,appeared at a Consulate for interview and converted my visa status to F1 in Jan 2015 .I then re-entered US on F1 visa. I have two valid visas stamped on my passport H4 AND F1 currently .

I want to take advantage of H4 EAD rule and convert my status to H4 again.

To convert to H4 , Can I travel to Mexico for 3-4 days and re-enter on H4 visa status with the stamp which is already there on my passport and without going for any interview or making any COS application?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

Go to the border, cross into Mexico and then immediately cross back into the U.S. as an H4. You shouldn't have any issues.

3. mansi

mansi New Member

Thanks a lot Ron for your reply.

Just one more question in my mind.Can I travel to Mexico by flight and stay there for 3-4 days and come back by flight to US. I have read about automatic re validation of expired F1 visa for travel less than 30 days to Mexico and bit confused here, does it apply in my scenario.

My F1 visa is not expired (infact I just got F1 stamped in Jan 2015) , so will there be any issues in immigration at the airport to convert from F1 to H4 with my travel plan??

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law