1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion Of F1 To H4 By Travelling Abroad

Discussion in 'H4 employment authorization' started by harry37, Mar 5, 2015.

1. nids_Sri

nids_Sri New Member

True. That's why I am not planning to file COS. It's backed up to December 2015. So you mean I can't apply H4 at US embassy in Vancouver?

2. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

You can apply, but if they refuse you, you will have to return to your home country to re-apply.

nids_Sri likes this.
  3. nids_Sri

nids_Sri New Member

Thank you for your response again. Is there a confirmed way to find more about this - whether they will put new H-4 visa or not? I wrote to the consulate but they responded saying check website.

4. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

They will not give you any advance assurances.

5. Deepak23

Deepak23 New Member

Hi,

My wife has H4 visa valid till June 17 and she applied for F1 COS which is approved. She want to stay on H4 visa to get benefit for H4 EAD.
    Her F1 is not stamped. We are traveling to India this month can she enter in the US on h4 visa ? Do I need to follow up with USCIS again to cancel her approved F1 COS once we enter in US on H4?

I can see most of the people in the thread are traveling to canada or mexico(continuous land). Traveling to India makes any difference in the process ?

Thanks

6. Eren Yildirim

Eren Yildirim Attorney at Law

If the F1 COS was approved, she is in F-1 status. You cannot simply cancel her F-1 status to get her back to H-4. You will need to file an H-4 COS.