1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consular Interview Questions

Discussion in 'Consular processing' started by Arnab, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi Ron ,

I have my consular interview scheduled on 30th Dec 2016 at Mumbai Consulate in EB2 category. I am not working for my employer in the US and am based out of India for the past 6 years. ( So no W2) . I have W2's from prior to 2011 when I was in US. I have Income tax returns from 2011 to 2016 as per Indian Govt norms.

I was concerned , if the fact that I do not work in US currently on an H1B/L1 (unlike the overwhelming majority) and hence do not have W2 will be a concern ? Barring this I have all the documents that have been specified for the interview. These documents obviously been vetted by the NVC in the documentation phase and cleared before the interview was scheduled.

Thanks,
    Arnab

2. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi Ron ,

Also please note that I do not and have never in the past worked for my Immigrant visa sponsor employer. The job that I do for my my current employer is very very similar to the job that I am being hired for.

Thanks,
    Arnab

3. donisback

donisback Guru

what kind of interview is this ? H1b/ i-485/ CP processing/ Marriage or else ?

4. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

@Arnab is waiting for his GC interview. He is a Consular Processing Applicant.

5. Arnab

Arnab New Member

Hi S_gan and Ron ,
    Any tips on interview questions and addressing my concerns above will be highly appreciated. Still more than a month to go but have butterflies in my stomach already. I know that Ron probably has the highest number of clients who do consular processing so any recent experiences will help immensely. :)

6. s_gan

s_gan Super Moderator

IMO, that should not be a problem. Consular officials know that you are not going to have W-2s for years that you did not work in the US and they are not going to ask for it. Even if they do, you can explain it to them.

Good luck. Please share your experience after the interview.

bhuvr likes this.
  7. Ron Gotcher

Ron Gotcher Attorney at Law

As long as you have a good, solid job offer letter from the sponsoring employer, you should be OK.