1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consequences Of H4 Withdrawal On New H4 Visa Application

Discussion in 'Nonimmigrant Visa Applications' started by instacal, Jan 14, 2016.

  1. instacal

    instacal Guru

    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    63
    I am an Indian national on H1B work visa. My wife attended her H1B-H4 Change of Status visa interview in Canada. The VO issued her a 221g form for admin processing, returned her passport and told her to wait. We are thinking of voluntarily withdrawing this visa application and reapplying for the same H4 visa from our home country India. What consequences will this withdrawal have on her reapplication from India? Will it adversely affect or prolong her visa processing time upon her reapplication? Is there any form/formal process for withdrawing her visa application? Can she schedule online a new H4 visa application in India while her initial H4 visa application is under administrative processing in Canada?
     
  2. instacal

    instacal Guru

    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Hi Ron,

    I would appreciate any response on this as we have to decide our next step accordingly. Other experts please feel free to chime in.

    Thanks!
     
    groot likes this.
  3. instacal

    instacal Guru

    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Hope someone would give their 2 cents on my situation. Thanks in advance!
     
  4. instacal

    instacal Guru

    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    63
  5. Santy

    Santy Guru

    Messages:
    1,259
    Likes Received:
    1,381
    Trophy Points:
    113
    There is no easy answer for your question. This is a long weekend so you will have to wait for Ron. I see your problem though... You can call Ron's office the first thing on Tuesday Morning to discuss... Remember he is in CA.
    You can also drop an email to Ron but it is highly unlikely that you will get an answer during the weekend.
    You can also call the embassy in Canada to find out the issue and to try to find out the ETA. If the ETA doesn't work for you then you can ask them the procedure to withdraw. Hope you come out of this soon.
     
  6. instacal

    instacal Guru

    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Appreciate your advice Santy!
     
  7. instacal

    instacal Guru

    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Do you know Ron's email id Santy?
     
  8. Santy

    Santy Guru

    Messages:
    1,259
    Likes Received:
    1,381
    Trophy Points:
    113

Share This Page